Chapter 35

"Where are you going?" Chris asks as I was about to exit the door.

"To get some coffee" I say turning around.

"I've got some time to spare so I'll come with you" he gets up and follows me, feeling around in his pockets if he had his wallet.

"I didn't know you liked coffee" I say as we began walking.

"I don't, I just wanted to get out of there for some fresh air"

I chuckled and shook my head in response. When we had reached the café, I had ordered a medium mocha while Chris just ordered a hot chocolate. We waited at a table for two and chatted away.

"I guess I'm just being paranoid. I have a habit of worrying over small or no reasons at all" I fidget with my fingers looking down at my hands as Chris sat across from me.

"Here's your medium mocha and your hot chocolate" a waitress gently puts down our cups in front of us.

"Thank you" I smile before she walked away.

"Yeah I'm sure it's nothing" he reassures me.

"Anyway, enough about me. What's new with you?" I ask taking a sip as the cold wind blew through my hair.

"Well, we're going to be travelling soon. Countries like Puerto Rico, Mexico, Spain and more countries. But after that, we have a music video coming up which I'm excited about" he says.

"Ooh, that's exciting. Happy to start travelling again?" I asked.

"Yes actually, as a kid I didn't have the opportunity to travel much but thanks to the boys and my passion for music, I've had chances to see new countries and experience new cultures"

"Aw that's so cute. I'm happy that you love what you do"

He laughs and looks down in embarrassment while flipping his hair to one side like he usually does. I was about to say something but I felt my phone vibrate with Joel's caller ID

"Hold on a second" I tell Chris. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" he didn't seem so happy.

"Um, I'm having coffee. Is that such a crime?"

"You left without letting me know? And is Chris with you? Because he's not here either"

"Well, I did announce it to the whole room that I was leaving but you wouldn't know that because you were too busy looking down at your phone" I sternly say.

Chris was hearing the whole thing and frankly, I didn't mind. He basically knows everything that's going on in mine and Joel's life. I always see him as a caring older brother.

"Look I don't want to fight. Just please come back"

"Why? So you can ignore me again every time I try to give you attention?" I ask.

"It's not like that-"

I hung up on him and ended the call. I wasn't in the mood to hear any excuse he would come up with.

"Don't be too harsh on him Maya, he's just going through some stuff" Chris softly says to calm me down.

"You know about whatever is going on?" I ask.

"Uh...maybe?"

"Jesus. Does everyone know except me?" I throw my arms up then back down on my lap.

"I think that's enough caffeine for today let's go" he stands up and takes my hand.

"You're lucky I can't be mad at you. You're not the one keeping secrets, he is, and if Joel doesn't want you to tell me then I respect that. I'm still pissed off at him though" we continue to walk back into the building.