Chapter 28

A/N: Smut warning 🚫 So if you feel uncomfortable reading then feel free to skip this chapter 😇

"What? But Joel, we're supposed to be meeting Mr and Mr William in the next hour or so"

"And how is this my fault?" he raises an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I just wanted someone to blame" a slight smile appears on my face. "Come here, I'm sorry for freaking out on you, I'm scared that's all" I pull him in for a hug.

"Can't we make it to the gas station? I mean, it's right over there" my eyes gaze to the service station that didn't seem to be that far.

"So... who's going to push the car?" Joel asks.

I look at him blankly, waiting for him to figure out I wasn't the one that would be pushing the car.

"Right, nevermind" he steps out of the car again as I jump into the driver's seat.

"All you have to do is steer, I'll tell you when I'm ready!" he yells from outside.

I placed my hands on the steering wheel while my feet rested on the pedals.

"Alright go!" I hear him yell.

I slowly felt the car move as Joel was using all his strength to push the car forward. Making sure I didn't steer onto the motorway, I carefully made sure I was steering straight while lightly pressing my feet down onto the pedal.

"Almost there baby!" I yell out the window making sure he heard me.

We hadn't exactly made it into the gas station but stopping in front of it was close enough. Stepping out of the car, I walk over to Joel to see how he was going or if he'd passed out yet.

"Hey, you did good. Go sit down for a bit while I go get us some water"

He takes a seat inside the car, clearly out of breath from all that pushing. I would be too if I had to push a four thousand pound vehicle. Grabbing my phone and wallet, I walk into the store and pick up two energy drinks and two bottles of water. Along with Joel and I's favourite snacks and headed to the counter to pay.

"Excuse me, hi um we have a broken down car outside and we really don't know how to fix it up. Would you be able to help us?" I asked the man at the counter.

"A broken down car eh? Sorry miss, we only have free air to pump up tyres and water for the car"

"Oh, that's ok then. Thank you anyway" I smile as I begin to pay

I finished paying and decided to call someone I knew would be an expert in cars.

"Hello?" the voice says over the phone.

"Hey Emmanuel, sorry to be a bother but we had a car emergency"

I explained the whole situation to him and he told me he would try to find someone near us that may be able to help us.

"Thank you so much, I owe you one" I hung up in time as I reached Joel who was sitting in the passenger's seat with his legs outside the car.

"Any news?" he asks.

"We should be getting a call back soon, they just have to find someone nearby who would be able to help us"

"I'm sorry baby I know you wanted to meet them. I just slowed things down for us I guess" he looks down, feeling guilty.

"Hey, none of this is your fault" I take a seat on his lap as he wraps his arms around me and mine around his neck. "This sort of stuff always happens, it's ok."