Chapter 58

It had been two weeks since our move and Joel and I were finally beginning to settle into our new apartment. It wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it.

"I'm going to go have a shower" I tell Joel as I made my way into the bathroom.

I was about to reach for my finger and take my ring off, then I realized Joel was still holding on to it. It broke my heart a little considering he wasn't giving it back. Most of that would be my fault since it was my decision in the first place. Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I strip off my clothes and step into the warm running water as each drop hit my skin.

It wasn't long before I finally stepped out and placed my clothes back on. Making my way out into the balcony, I see Joel leaning against the rail, looking out into the view with his back facing me.

"Hey, you ok?" I ask, placing an arm around his waist as my cheek touches his back.

Joel has been very distant and quiet lately. I told him I would always be there for him when he needs anyone to talk to. Right now wasn't the best time for us to be engaged and he respected my decision even though it killed him.

"Yeah, I'm fine" his voice vibrated through his body as I felt it on my skin.

He's been so distant because he doesn't want to hurt me and I understood exactly what he meant so I decided to fight through that. Joel and I have been through much worse; this is nothing compared to our previous experiences.

"Do you want to go out today? Maybe check out new places since we're still new here" I asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice" he turns around and smiles.

I wanted to keep him happy, so I thought taking him out and seeing new places would at least lighten up his mood.

"Great, I'll go get ready" I headed back into our shared room and began picking out potential outfits.

Realizing I hadn't brought all my outfits here, I decided to go with a printed white dress which was casual, but not too boring. Fashion has always been my passion. Which is why I always made sure I would dress my best, whether it be a casual or formal event.

 Which is why I always made sure I would dress my best, whether it be a casual or formal event

As I was done doing my hair, I walk out of the room to see Joel was already dressed.

"Wait, how did you-"

"I'm not you Maya, I don't take fifty years to put items of clothing on" he teases.

I playfully rolled my eyes as we both grabbed our necessities and made our way out.

"Do you have any idea where you're going?" I asked, looking out into the open roads.

"Nope" Joel replies as he continued to drive to a mysterious destination that has yet to come.

As he continued to drive, we had reached the town centre that was filled with many restaurants, clothing shops and much more. Pulling up in a parking spot, Joel and I then began to walk around, looking for a new place to eat.