Chapter 47

"Something on your mind?" I ask as I see Joel deep in thought.

His facial expression was in complete concentration.

"I'm just thinking" he replies, still looking at the ground.

"About?"

"Something that has been on my mind for quiet a while"

The boys, Maya and I were currently enjoying some time walking around the city, checking out new places. We had left Germany almost two days ago and were staying at Paris, France today as part of their tour. Maya was extremely excited as it was her life long dream to visit the Eiffel Tower.

"Check this out" I pointed out to an artist who was painting on his canvas on the sidewalk.

"Can we have our faces drawn dad, please" Maya begs.

"Alright but make it quick. We have a lot to get done today" Renato replies.

Holding Maya's hand, the two of us run towards the artist who seemed to be enjoying painting alone. We told the artist to draw a portrait of the two of us as we were told to stand still.

"Alright ladies, keep still" he says as all his focus was on his canvas.

It was hard trying to hold in our fits of giggles for such a long period of time.

"And voilà!" he finishes up as we walk over to see the result.

"Wow, you are freakishly talented" my eyes opened wide as I was surprised at how realistic it looked.

Taking the portrait of us, we paid the artist as the rest of the boys had caught up to us. Just as we were walking towards Maya's dad, I see that Joel had ended a conversation with him by hugging him. Renato seemed to be extremely happy about something Joel had told him.

"What was that about?" I asked Joel.

"Oh nothing, let's just say tonight will be one of the best nights of my life" he couldn't keep the smile off his face.

Maya's POV

We were heading back to the hotel however, Joel was nowhere to be seen.

"Where on earth did he go now?" I ask, looking around entering the doors of the lobby.

"He just had something to take care of, he will be back" my dad replies.

Confused as to what he meant, I shook it off and continued on with my day. Ingrid and I headed back to our rooms and relaxed for a bit, deciding to put on a movie on the flat screen T.V installed in our rooms.

"Hey, you picked the movie last time, hand it over" I lean forward to pull the remote out of her hand but she pulled back in time.

This happened every time we watched a movie together; she would pick action and thriller movies while I would always go for romantic movies

"You can watch your romantic movies with your lover boy. Too bad, we are watching an action movie" she skips through the category of her choice, flipping through one movie after another.

Settling for a movie of Ingrid's choice, we ordered room service just to pass time. Ever since my surgery I've had multiple cravings for different types of food. However, the doctor had told me that was completely normal for patients like me.

After the movie had finally ended, we were asked to come downstairs again where everyone else was already waiting. Well, everyone except Joel and Amber.

"He still hasn't come back?" I asked, looking around.

"He came back then left again. I honestly have no idea what is going on with him" Richard replies.