Chapter 18

It was currently 6:47pm and Ryan would be coming at 7pm sharp to come pick me up for our date. How do I know this? Because in all our years of dating, the one good thing about Ryan is that he's always on time. Sighing in the mirror, I turn around and look back at Ingrid who was helping me get ready for my date.

"How do I look?" I ask.

She was sitting on my bed, her legs crossed and arm resting on the bed to hold up her weight.

"Hm, I like it" she says impressed.

"Do you really? Or are you just saying that?" I was still in denial.

"Maya relax, this is your nerves talking" she stands up heading over to me.

"Alright let's do this"

"Good girl"

I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed over to my door before stopping and facing Ingrid.

"I can't do this. I can't get Joel out of my mind. I actually feel physically sick. I can't help but feel like Ryan has something up his sleeve. I'm cancelling"

"Oh my god Maya. You're even pissing me off now" she sounded mad.

Before I knew it, Ingrid's hand was flying towards my face and I felt a sharp stinging sensation on my cheek.

"Ingrid what the hell!" I yell holding my face.

"I'm sorry but you were starting to get on my nerves. I'm sorry come here" she pulls me in a hug and kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry for slapping you but I need you to stay strong for me. If Joel can shove his tongue down a girl's throat without a problem, especially if the girl isn't you, then you shouldn't have a problem doing the same with Ryan" she was still holding me close.

"Thank you. I actually needed that" I look at her with a small smile forming, referring to the slap.

We both busted out laughing into a fit of giggles that we couldn't hold in. It wasn't long until I heard the doorbell ring. Ingrid rushed downstairs before I could, and opened up the door revealing Ryan standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

"Ryan, is it?" she asks staring him head to toe.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Oh my god Ingrid, don't interrogate the poor guy" I pushed through in front of Ingrid and greeted Ryan.

"Ready?" he asks handing me the flowers.

"Yes, I'm ready, and thank you for these" I gave him a warm smile before placing the flowers in a glass vase.

Grabbing Ryan's arm, we both headed towards his car before we heard Ingrid yell behind us.

"Don't try anything funny Ryan, I'm watching you like a hawk!"

"Don't worry, she's in safe hands!" Ryan yells back without turning around. "She scares me" Ryan tells me before trembling in fear as he said those words.

I giggled at his response as he opened the passenger car door for me.

Joel's POV

"There you are, I missed you" Amber says as the boys and I were heading back from a meet and greet we had just finished.

"Here I am" I awkwardly chuckle.

Her hands travelled around my neck before harshly pressing her lips to mine. The kiss felt forced, like it always does with her. I pulled away to catch my breath.

"We aren't in public anymore. We don't need to do this" I tell her.

"Doesn't matter" she hungrily smashes her lips to mine again.

Closing my eyes, I imagined it was Maya. I always do.

"Hey, why don't you go get me a drink please?" I asked pulling away.

Anything to distract her from shoving her tongue in my mouth.

"Sure thing" she winks before swaying her hips, trying to impress me as she walked away.

The boys were currently sitting on the couch and I went ahead to join them. It wasn't along before Amber came walking back with my favourite drink.

"Thanks" I grabbed the bottle.

"I should be thanking you by the way. For this ring, it's really pretty" she admires the ring that was placed on her right middle finger.

"Firstly, management was the one who gave me the money to buy that for you. For more publicity remember?" I remind her.

She completely ignored my comment and continued talking.

"I bet you never bought Maya anything like this" she smiles touching the diamond ring.

9:13pm

God was I happy to be away from Amber for now. We were currently at Renato's house. Maya's best friend Ingrid, was also there.

"Where's Maya?" I asked looking around as everyone else took a seat in the lounge.

"On a date" Ingrid coldly replies.

I swear I felt her eyes shoot daggers into my soul. She scares me sometimes. I decided not to ask any more questions. Even though I really wanted to know who this scumbag was, taking my girl on dates.

"Joel?" I heard my name being called.

Snapping out of my thoughts I look around.

"Yes? Sorry?" I asked.

"We said, pick a location. The boys picked the beach, do you have anything to add?" Renato asks showing us a photo of a beautiful scenery of a beach.

"Yeah, that's fine I guess" I add.

Renato had brought us to his house to discuss our upcoming music video and we were brainstorming ideas. Time had passed and it was almost reaching 10pm. Who goes on dates for this long? My eye was on the clock along with small glances towards the front door to see when she would be coming in. I heard the front door opening and Maya comes running in. Tears streaming down her face, her make up was losing it's form and she didn't dare to look up. As soon as she had entered, she ran upstairs to her room crying, with Ingrid following her.

"I just have to use the bathroom, I'll be back" I made up a little white lie just so I would have a chance to go upstairs and see what's going on.

The boys didn't seem to notice that I was gone. Therefore, I slowly made my way upstairs to where Maya's door was slightly open. I could hear deep, heavy and loud sobs coming from the room.

"What happened?" Ingrid asks.

I couldn't see or feel anything, I could just make out what they were saying. Leaning close to the door, I hear Maya's reply.

"It's Ryan. He locked me in the car and tried to rape me" she continues sobbing.