Chapter 65

A/N: Ok is it just me or have the boys not been on social media for so long? Like??? What is going on??? They've all just disappeared and stopped posting.

"The only reason I came here was because I'm really sorry about everything I've ever done to you" she starts.

"Which part? The part where you did everything you could to break us up or the part where you stole my ring?" I asked.

"All of it. That's why I'm here to start over and apologize. I'm really sorry Maya for our past. I didn't mean to put you through so much pain, struggle and heartbreak" she looks down.

I wanted to say it was alright and forget about it all but I just kept my mouth shut.

"The thing is" she continues. "I was going through a lot myself back then. I was extremely insecure"

No kidding.

"When management had set me up with Joel I felt like he was the only one who ever cared about me when no one else did. I was having issues at home with my family about what I wanted to do with my life but I couldn't ever give up what I enjoyed doing. My YouTube career was the only thing keeping me happy and... I don't know I guess seeing the way Joel cared about me, I instantly fell for him since he was the only one who genuinely cared about me and my life"

"Yeah, I know" I say.

"But anyway, I bought you these and wanted to congratulate you on your twins even though I'm half a year late. Maya trust me when I say I'm seeking professional help and I'm working on becoming a happier person and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. If not now then maybe in the future" she gestures towards the flowers and gifts.

Taking them from her I stood there not knowing what to say.

"Well, anyways um...take care Maya and I hope to see around" she smiles with a slight hint of sadness in her smile.

Amber then turns around and starts to walk away.

"Wait Amber" I stop her as she turns back to me. "Why don't you come in?"

"Oh... I don't want to be a bother" she says.

"Trust me, the kids would be happy to see a new face after so long" I joked.

She makes her way into the house as I closed the door behind her.

"Thanks for these by the way" I say referring to the gifts.

"No problem. I was conflicted whether to buy girl clothes or boy clothes but when I heard you had twins of both genders you just made my life easier" she says.

"Then I guess I made everyone's life easier since that's everyone's reaction" I laughed.

She sat down on the couch as I took Isaac back to our room and gently placed him down next to an asleep Isabelle. Making my way back out to the lounge, I asked Amber if she wanted a drink.

"We have juices, cocktails and water. Take your pick" I open up fridge and waited for her to say her choice.

"I'll just have anything. I'm not too picky" she replies.

Taking out a large bottle of apple juice, I take out two glass cups and pour the juice inside. Just then, Joel enters the living room and has a confused look on his face as soon as he sees Amber.

"Oh, hey Joel. How are you?" she stands up and greets him.

"I'm...fine" he looks over at me as Amber hugs him before she sat back down.

Walking over to me, I knew exactly what he was about to ask so I cut him up.

"What-"

"I'll explain later. Just be nice" I warn him as I whispered.