Chapter 8

Lance and Keith began dancing, feeling the music and singing together. This was mutually sensational. Keith pressed his back on Lance, both grooving to the song as if they were in their own world.

Keith: So now we dancing un reggaeton lento
Just get a little closer, baby, let's go

The crowd cheered like never before. They were a lion hungry for more. The hosts both stepped onto a stage to ask a few questions. "THAT WAS INCREDIBLY AMAZING," Allura screams. The audience hollers louder but quiets down to hear what this talented duo had to say next. "What is your name?"

Keith and Lance glanced at each other and back to the hosts. "I'm Lance, this is Keith," Lance replied. Coran held the microphone towards Keith. "Is this you guys first time on stage together?"

"Uh, yeah actually. But, it certainly won't be our last," Keith answered. "We're participating in the State's Sing-Off 2019." Keith glanced yet again towards his companion. Lance looked down to the floor, playing with his fingers and squirming slightly in discomfort and anxiety. Did he really want to do this?

.

.

.

Keith scrolled through his iPhone while Lance sat on the floor in his thoughts.

"You know," Keith hesitated. He put down his phone and sat in front of Lance. His partner didn't bother looking up, still lost in the abyss of his mind. Keith's lips turned upward as he knocked his forehead gently on Lance's.

Lance made a small gasp and looked into Keith's eyes, keeping his forehead still touching.

"If you don't want to do this, you can always say no," Keith continued.

"How can I say no when you announced it on television already," Lance answered.

"Er," Keith started. "Uh sorry about that- I mean I got excited- I was too into it not that I'm making excuses it's just we are so good together and I thought maybe we could nail this I mean if you don't want to I get it god I'm just an idiot why do you even talk to me-"

Keith was shut down by Lance's lips. It was like being in the ocean, free and colorful. The salt was Keith's eyes and the fish were his friends. There were stars in the ocean from that very spark.

Lance backed away and giggled. "I'll do it," Lance confirmed with a small squeeze on Keith's hand. They didn't even notice they were holding hands. Keith's smile brightened like fire. It was blinding to Lances eyes and burning his heart.

"If doing this makes Keith this happy, I don't mind doing this a million times more," Lance thought.

...

It had been two weeks since Lance decided to audition for the Sing Offs. Keith was strict on teaching Lance how to sing. Lance had a beautiful voice, but let's be realistic. Lance hadn't sung in three years, some work had to be done to get it back to par.

A lot of things changed since Lance met Keith last month. Lance's walls were slowly and safely coming down, the cutting ceased, and most of all Keith and Lance were getting closer. Lance hadn't been so happy in the last couple of years. This change really was good for him. Keith was like a daily dose of medicine; side-effects including happiness, confidence boost, sexiness, and a dash of gayness. Lance lived in peace thanks to the medicine.

Lance felt his phone vibrate beneath his butt. He was in class, but no one was to tell him he can't check his phone. Well, the teacher could but he had the willpower to be sneaky. He slowly took out his phone and checked his notifications.

Pidgeotto added Keith, Hunkle Berry, and Beyonce's Bae into the group chat

Keith: ... why is my name the only regular one

Lance snickered quietly at Keith's message.

Pidgetotto: Because you are lame, but not as lame as "Beyonce's Bae"

Keith: Who the hell is Beyonce's Bae???

Beyonce's Bae: The one who had been taking good care of your disco stick, who the fuck else?

Hunkle Berry: Oh god please stop

Pidgeotto: OOOOOO KEITH HAVE YOU AND LANCE BEEN GETTING BUSY :0 DETAILS! NOW!

Lance blushed from ear to ear. He forgot he was in a group chat. Well, wasn't this embarrassing.

Keith: WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!... Yet

Lance squealed, he slammed his face into the desk. He could feel all his classmate's eyes on him, but he didn't care. Keith said YET. HE SAID YET! How can he remain calm at a time like this?

.

.

.

Well, Lance excused himself out of the classroom for making too much noise. He used the classic "I feel nauseous" excuse. Lance sat at a nearby bench under a tree. He took out his phone and glanced at the time. 2:34. He had plenty of time before going to work. Keith found him a job at a café to sing song requests from the customers. It had been great practice for him.

Now that he thought about it, Lance had plenty to thank Keith for. He found himself again, Keith had been there for him, listened to his complaints and comforted him. These were the things Lance truly liked about Keith. Loverboy Lance wanted to make it up to Keith.

..How about a date?

Lance opened his phone up again in the group chat. He scrolled up to where he left off.

Pidgeotto: OH MY SCIENCE DID HE JUST SAY "YET"???

Hunkle Berry: Keith, Pidge, Lance, Why must we discuss this? Can't we talk about things that are not sexual? Like puppies or something? : (

Keith: Sorry Hunk, you're too precious for this world. Well, do you guys wanna hang out?

Pidgeotto: yeeees

Hunkle Berry: I have the time

Beyonce's Bae: Guys I can't, I have work. Go ahead without me.

Pidgeotto: Gladly (lol jkjk)

Hunkle Berry: It's alright bro, I'll make you cookies, so you aren't left out

Beyonce's Bae: Bro... Keith's right, you are too precious for this world

Hunkle Berry: Aw, bro

Pidgeotto: What about MY cookies??

Hunkle Berry: You're hanging out with us, though

Keith: I'll meet you guys at the subway station. Lance, I'll be by your house tonight

Beyonce's Bae: is there one night when you aren't? 😉

Pidgeotto: I ship it. Team KLance

Hunkle Berry: UGH