Chapter 11

Keith woke up in Lance's bed. He looked to his right, seeing his sleeping beauty beside him. Lance had a pool of drool on the pillow. The woken boy laughed softly, and he moved to kiss Lance's forehead.

"Thank you for accepting me into your heart," Keith whispered.

Lance reached out his arm, feeling out for Keith until he got his arm. The blue boy pulled Keith's hand close to his face and kissed it softly, going back to sleep. "That is too damn cute," Keith quietly cried. He laid back down in the bed, enjoying Lance's beautiful sleeping face.

It had been almost two months since their relationship began. This was the day for sing-off auditions. Keith remembered how anxious Lance was the night before. It took hours for Keith to persuade Lance to not drop out of this last minute. They had already signed up anyways.

He wiggled his hand out of Lance's grasp. He got up from the bed and headed towards the kitchen. This was one of the things Lance loved about Keith.

His cooking (just kidding).

He loved that Keith woke up every morning to make sure Lance ate. The blue boy gained up to average weight ever since Keith moved in. Yep, Keith moved in a week ago. He kept coming over anyway, so it made more sense for him to move in.

"Princess, I'm hungry," Lance complained. Keith was startled, he didn't hear Lance walking at all. This was something he had to get used to. Keith turned off the stove and moved the eggs into Lance's plate since Keith really hates eggs. He took the toast out of the toaster into the plates, the baked cod into the plates and bacon into his own plate.

(Lance is pescatarian in this fic, the only meat he consumes is fish)

Lance happily grabbed his plate and shoved the food into his mouth. "It would've been done earlier if someone didn't grab onto my hand and drooled on it," Keith explained. Lance blushed from the comment, trying to pretend he didn't hear it.

"Hey, Shiro, Shiro's boyfriend, Shiro's girlfriend, Hunk, Pidge," Keith greeted. They all looked up from their table. Lance stared deeply into the girlfriend's eyes.

"Have I seen you before," Lance asked. The white-haired girl looked at the ceiling, in deep thought. She suddenly gasped, startling the group. "The festival! I was a host remember," Allura answered excitingly.

Lance made a long "oh" until he realized it was making Keith annoyed. "I totally remember you," Lance smiled. He looked at the boys she sat next to. "Shiro, Matt, I haven't seen you guy in a while. What's up?"

"Eh, really sleepy," Matt answered. "Pidge told me about your audition, so I decided to come along."

Shiro glared at Matt. "That's not what happened. I and Allura had to drag you out of bed, threatening to break your computer."

Allura nodded in agreement. "You are definitely the baby of this relationship," she said. Matt hugged his knees in his seat and sulked.

The white-haired pair laughed, and each kissed a side of Matt's cheek.

"That's what makes you more likable," Allura concluded. "And adorable," Shiro added.

Matt got flustered and hugged his knees tighter. "Stop you guys are embarrassing," Matt whined

. Pidge and Keith cringed. "Let's not do this in front of your family please," Keith begged.

"Ugh my eyes," Pidge cried.

Hunk and Lance started laughing together. Lance hadn't been in such a lively atmosphere in a very long time. This relaxed his nerves about the audition.

"Alright, who's ready to do this," Lance piped. Everyone did a spirited "yeah" before getting up to go to their destination.

Once everyone had been seated in the theatre, Keith and Lance tried to go practice. Shiro stopped them, however. "Lance, I think we may need to talk," Shiro exclaimed. Lance made a confused expression and nodded slowly. Shiro got up from his seat, releasing his hands from Matt and Allura, and lead the way out of the theatre.

Once they reached to the nearest bathroom, Shiro began to talk. "Listen, I love Keith alright? He's like a little brother to me." Lance nodded, showing that he was listening.

"But, I know about Lotor. Your relationship with him, everything. I don't want to make this sound well, much like an asshole. Are you sure you're really ready for Keith to be in the position Lotor once stood?"

"I love Keith. For once, since he passed, I loved someone romantically. Keith healed me and loved me knowing how much of a broken toy I was. He makes me happy and I see a future ahead of us. So, to answer your question," Lance stopped and look into the mirror. He realized the scars he had long ago had healed and almost completely faded. He doesn't look hallow anymore, there isn't sadness in his eyes for once. Keith created this change. He cooked for him, motivated him, and nurtured him. Lance can look at his body as a trophy of Keith properly taking care of him. No way would Lance ever let him go. That was his conclusion on the matter.

"Of course, I'm ready."

Shiro smiled and held his hand out for a handshake. "Then, you're okay in my book. Nice to meet you, future brother-in-law."

Lance blushed from ear to ear as Shiro laughed.

Nothing is better than Shiro appreciating Lance (unlike in the actual show hmph)