chapter 13 - closer and closer

~Kenzie's POV~
it was Johnny. i opened my eyes and he was kneeled before me and had a worried look on his face. i heard him saying my name over and over again and asking if i was okay but i didn't answer. I'm pretty sure i didn't even blink. i was still shut down and then i closed my eyes again and my shut down process ended and when i opened my eyes i was in Johnny's arms and he was stroking my hair.
J: shh calm down Kenzie. everything is okay. please stay calm for me
he said softly in my ear while still stroking my hair. i smiles and nodded and i closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest.
J: are you okay now?
i nodded and he smiled
J: good now are you ever going to answer my question?
i looked at him confused and then he handed me a notepad and a pencil and i grabbed them and started writing.
K: 'what question are you talking about?'
J: about your stepdad
i froze for a second but i didn't let it show that much.
K: 'i don't know why you had that dream Johnny but i don't know what to answer you about that'
J: Kenzie...
he said softly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and i looked at him curiously.
J: what's that?
he pointed to one of my bruises. oh no the concealer must've came off
K: 'it's nothing. i just cut myself on a tree'
J: Kenzie that's not a tree cut and i know it. that looks like a bruise
K: 'it's nothing Johnny. don't worry about it please'
J: I've been thinking Kenzie
K: 'about what?'
J: from the second i met you and found out about you not talking and when Maddie said something about your stepdad. whenever you're around him there's fear in your eyes and you're shaking like crazy. i wanted to know what your stepdad did to you and then when he asked to talk to you in the house and you started shaking i knew something bad was about to happen and then at school there was a red mark on your face. he slapped you didn't he?
i froze. he was finding out the truth and i didn't want him to. he couldn't know the truth. no one could.
J: it all makes sense now. he slapped you and that's why there was a red mark. i started piecing it all together after my bad dream that i had
no no no he can't find out. and then he opened his mouth and the next words he said were...
what did Johnny say?
(sorry about my horrible inactiveness. I'm trying my best to post daily but some days it's too much for me and i just can't but I'm doing a chapter spam to make it up to you guys)