chapter 14 - the truth

~Johnny's POV~
J: i had that dream for a reason Kenzie. i had it because your stepdad abuses you. that's why you're so scared of touch. that's why you don't talk. i was meant to have that dream as a sign Kenzie. your stepdad abuses you and that's the truth. i know it now
i was looking at her and i never have been more serious in my life. she was looking at me and her eyes were wide. she was trying to figure out what to say and she opened her mouth to say something but i gently put my fingers over her lips.
J: shh calm down. i won't tell anyone if you don't want me to. we'll figure all of this out soon okay? i just need you to calm down and trust me. i won't say anything now that i know
i gently stroked her hair and she closed her eyes and fell asleep in my arms and i smiled and kissed her forehead gently and whispered softly in her ear.
J: i love you Kenzie
she smiled in her sleep and held onto me so tight. i smiled and closed my eyes as i was cuddled up with her. honestly i had forgotten all about this stupid bet. i don't want to do it anymore now that i know about her past and i really have fallen for Kenzie. she's different. not like any girl i know. she's special and i love how she trusts me. i want to be with her and I'm not going to give up on her and I'm going to figure out what to do about her stepdad too. how could someone do such a thing. who could be that sick and cruel. especially to an amazing girl like Kenzie. just as i was lost in my thoughts the door opened. i looked over to see who it was and when i saw who it was i held Kenzie as tight as i could. who i saw was...
who did Johnny see?