chapter 31 - text threats

~Johnny's POV~
Mel: i...i...just look
she slowly handed me a phone. it was Kenzie's phone. i looked at it and when i saw what was on her phone i was horrified. it was her stepdad texting her. i looked through the messages.
(text convo below)

i can't believe he had been texting her stuff like this

i can't believe he had been texting her stuff like this. no wonder Kenzie didn't want to testify. i was broken out of my thoughts when my name was being called.
Mel: John are you okay?
J: y-yeah i think i just need to uh go for a walk
Mel: but John-
J: I'll be fine
i handed her back the phone and walked out of my room and ignored everyone calling my name as i walked out the door. this was way too much for me to handle right now. Kenzie's getting text threats and then I'm getting involved because i love her. i want to be with her but that can't ever be possible because she doesn't want to be with me. i went to my special place i would always go to either think or be alone. no one else knows about this place which is good. i looked around to make sure i wasn't being followed or anything and i could've sworn i saw something move in the bushes but i ignored it and climbed up to the rooftop. this rooftop is my special place. i sat on the edge of the rooftop and i closed my eyes and let the wind blow in my face cause that's what calms me and i felt someone gently tap me on my shoulder and i turned around to see..
who did Johnny see?
(I'm going on a band trip so i MIGHT do a chapter spam and sorry for the boring short chapter)