chapter 11 - hospital nights

~Kenzie's POV~
J: i had this dream...
i nodded for him to continue.
J: it was about you...
me? why did he dream about me?
J: you were in your room and i could see you but you weren't there alone...
i looked at him confused and curious. what did he mean i wasn't alone?
J: your stepdad was in there with you
i froze and my eyes went wide. this can't be good. this can't be good at all.
J: he was hitting you Kenzie. i saw him hitting you over and over again
my eyes were still wide. he can't find out about him.
J: i woke up when i heard you calling my name so nothing else happened
he was looking at me. he looked straight into my eyes like he could see the truth hidden right through me. this was bad. this was very bad.
// an hour later //
J: Kenzie? Kenzie wake up you're having a nightmare
i slowly opened my eyes and i looked at him and he had his arms wrapped around me and i...i felt safe? i felt safe in his arms but i knew i couldn't stand touch so i started panicking.
J: Kenzie please calm down. it was all just a bad dream. I'm here
he ran his fingers smoothly through my hair and i could feel his hot breath fanning my face. it was calming. it wasn't like when i slept with my stepdad. i didn't have to worry about Johnny trying to take off my clothes. Johnny wanted to protect me. i trust him. i feel safe with him.
J: I'm here Kenzie. just stay calm
he kept running his fingers through my hair and he gently pressed his lips against my forehead and i smiled and closed my eyes and went back to sleep.
// in the morning //
~Johnny's POV~
i opened my eyes to see that i was cuddled up with Kenzie. i looked at her and smiled. I'm glad she trusts me. i really just want to know what's up with her and her stepdad and i think the closer i get with Kenzie then the closer i get to the truth. just as i was lost in my thoughts i jumped when the door burst open and my eyes went wide when i saw...
who did Johnny see?