Chapter Twenty-Five

Gaara POV:

It happened in a moment. I felt my mark run cold and panic that didn't belong to me suddenly spread throughout my body. I felt myself tremble from the amount of fear. And then as soon as it came it quickly dissipated into nothing. Why would Hana feel fear so strongly?

Something was wrong. I leapt out from my window and climbed to the roof tops before running as fast as I could to her home. If she feels fear the sensation would gradually lessen, it wouldn't just disappear like that. Unless she died.

I ran as fast as I could push myself to until I landed inside Hana's room. I slipped in through the already open window. Hana never leaves her window open since she gets cold easily. When I stand, I notice her hammock is empty and I see claw marks on the wall. My arms fall to my side when I put the evidence together. The hammock is still warm, meaning it was recent. She fought to resist the attacker(s). There are a few drops of blood on the floor. She was taken. I look to my right and by the door frame is Hana's father slumped to the ground, his face parallel to the floor as I hear him sobbing.

"Not my little flower...they weren't supposed to find her....not h-here..." He sobbed between breaths.

"Mr. Aozora. I will find her. I promise you this as her mate, I will find her and kill whoever did this to her."

"Gaara?" He lifts his head to look at me, tears staining his face as he slowly gets up.

"Do you know where they went? If this was done tonight we can catch up to them and-"

"It's no use. They were fulfilling an agreement."

"What?" This making no sense whatsoever."

"We can't do anything, my clan-"

"FUCK YOUR CLAN!" I yelled exasperated at his new demeanor. Since when was he like this? "She is my mate and your daughter damn it! Now as Kazekage we are going to find her and bring her back. Get your things." I finished before walking passed him and seeing how the rest of the family were. Hana's mother was consoling the children as she tried not to cry.

I balled my fists in anger. How dare they take her from me? Her family had shown me all the love in the world and now I see cheerful smiles into tear stained faces. They are my family and I will not let anyone harm them this way again. Whoever did this is going to regret having been born. I'm going to tear them limb from limb until they beg for mercy before I kill them as slowly as I possibly can. All I can think about is murdering anyone who stands in my way. At this point I can feel myself visibly shaking in anger until I feel a tug at my vest. I look down to see Yuki holding on to my vest.

"She's gonna come back right nii-san?"

"Yes, I'll bring her back safe and sound. Don't worry." I said as I bent down to hug her.

"I'm coming too." Said Haku.

"No you're not. Your father and I are leaving to get Hana and we need someone to patrol the house in case they come back. Can we count on you to do that?" I said earnestly. Since he can shift into a hawk without using chakra he can travel to warn us in case something happens.

"...Okay. I will."

"Thank you. We're counting on you to keep them safe." I said as I pointed to his mother and Yuki.

I look back and see Hana's father with his bag and scrolls. He tied his hair into a ponytail and had his ninja attire on. I was also ready to leave; I don't care how far this village is. We are getting there as soon as possible.

"Kazekage-sama, I suggest you bring more equipment and a jounin or anbu with you. My village will fight until their last breath." Said Hana's father, his voice back to normal.

"Yes sir." I quickly teleport to my home and pick up a few scrolls and my gourd before knocking on Kankuro's door.

"What's up?"

"Hana's been taken. We're leaving now."

"....got it." In five minutes we were done packing and heading back to Hana's home. 

"Kazekage-sama, I have to warn you my village is very far from here. it would take about two months of traveling to reach it."

"Then we have to leave now."

We all took off and ran passed the gate. I made sure to send a message of my sudden absence to the elders before running with the group.

"Ya mind telling us a bit more about why Hana was taken?" asked Kankuro.

"I come from the Aozora family, the strongest of our village. We perfected the metamorphosis of any animal, even ones that don't exist."

"Say what now?!"

"If we can create the complete anatomical structure of the creature and remember it, we can change into it. Hana has learned it as well. The people in my village wanted this power. They wanted a strong warrior village. One night many of the people in my family were burned out of fear, This happened nearly 100 years ago. The few who remained were forced to sign an agreement that all women from the Aozora family must marry the strongest warrior of the village."

"....The fuck?"

"Exactly. Which is why they weren't happy that I married out of the village since my kids would be from two different villages. But since the few Aozora left were older, they never had any kids and the few who were gave birth to girls killed them to save them from the fate. That's why my wife and I left. I went rogue to give my family a better future."

"And now the warrior is the one who took Hana?" I asked.

"Yes. I knew Sora when he was just a child. I never expected him to go so far as to tracking us.

Sora. I'm going to kil him.