Chapter Thirty-Four

TW: Blood and violence

Gaara calmly opened the door. A group of men in green and blue ninja attire stood up. A few saluted and said "Sora!" Only to be silenced by the mere appearance of Gaara. He stood there, quietly analyzing them one by one. There were ten men in this room. They slowly began to pull out their weapon of choice: Kunai knives, senbon, swords, and even a whip. They looked so sure of themselves. Gaara smirked as he walked in and shut the door.

'Ten against one? I like these odds' Thought Gaara as he waited for them to charge. He waited. He waited until one threw a kunai at him while another tried to slice his throat. He dodged the sword while catching the kunai and throwing it back at the man's thigh. The man grunted in pain and stepped back as the other men began an all out brawl against Gaara. Gaara dodge attacks while disarming the men, throwing the weapons in a corner his sand would later cover and harden to almost a rock like state. He barely blinked as he ripped the whip out of a bandit's hands. He took a gander at it before tossing it into the pile, remembering to give the whip as a gift to a friend who's whip recently broke. 

Once most of the men were disarmed they hesitated to keep fighting. They looked at each other and felt like they were no longer the attackers. In this game of predator and prey, they began to watch in horror as they became the prey. They looked at each other for reassurance but could only find fear in each other's eyes. One man transformed into a lion to attack Gaara, hoping his sheer size and weight would be enough. Gaara merely dodged the attack while putting chakra into his hands. He punched the lion by the ribs, shattering the entire ribcage and rupturing the heart. You could hear the crack of bones as the lion lay lifeless, blood spewing out of it's mouth. The bandits began to try and leave the room, abandoning their mission. Gaara covered the door with his sand, effectively blocking anyone else from leaving.

"What's wrong? You can't handle a little blood? You didn't mind it when your leader made my mate bleed. So why should you care now?....." Said Gaara while staring at the floor, losing the last of his patience with them. "Oh I get it....because this time it's your blood." He added while staring at the men. There were a few audible gasps between the men. Gaara used his sand and wrapped it around a man's legs, quickly crushing them. The blood gushed out as a crack was heard as well as the man's screams of agony. He released him from the sand and the entire bottom half of his body was mutilated. The men watched in horror before deciding to run to the window. 

"We're just getting started!" Yelled Gaara as he also blocked the window with his sand. He placed some of his sand on his hand, forming it into a knife. He ran between the men, slicing them all over; and being careful not to cut near any vital organs. The men's once clean uniform were soiled with blood, their long hair once in perfect buns and ponytails were now loose and messed up, and they were all covered in sweat and blood. A few had their hands tremble as they realized this room would become the grave, they were never going to see their family again. 

"We were just following orders kid!" Yelled one of the bandits. "It's not like we wanted this! But she belongs to him so we we're just-"

Gaara cut him off by grabbing his face. He leaned close to him before saying "She belongs to no one. She isn't an object, She's my love, and she will never worry about him or any one of you ever again..." He slammed the man's head against the wall, breaking his skull and killing him. The body dropped to the floor, his blood being splattered where he once stood. Gaara lost his patience, this was taking too long. He removed the sand from the window and used it to wrap around one body part of each bandit. "Let's count to three shall we?" The men begged for mercy while other just began to pray.

One...

Two...

Three!

From outside you could hear the agonized screams of them men. Gaara simply watched as the room began to go from it's boring tan color to a deep red covering the walls. The men tried to crawl away, eyes watering as they coughed up blood. They begged and begged for mercy, one even holding on to Gaara's feet. Gaara simply grabbed him by the hair and placed him in a sand coffin. The sand covered him up completely, barely giving the man room to breathe.

"I will give you the gift of a painless death. Sand burial." The sand crushed the body, leaving more blood to dribble down to the floor. By now the room was mostly covered in blood. The walls, the desk, the table, the beds, even the bathroom. His bloodlust was now gone, only impatience left in him. "This is taking too long." The men flinched at those words, fearing its intention. Gaara crushed them all with his sand, one by one. Not one was spared. Not one was given mercy. Once the final scream had stopped, Gaara took a look around. Everyone was either crushed or died of blood loss. He found a towel to wipe off his blood covered sandals before walking out of the room and locking it. He headed down the hallway back to the main desk to find the same woman there, just as frightened as ever.

"Is it... I-I mean are they....?"

"Yes madam, they won't cause you any more harm."

"A-and the....screaming?" Gaara simply offered a small smile while handing her back the key.

"I suggest you leave it locked for the night. If you offer me your phone I can call for a team for cleanup. I wouldn't want you to clean up a mess I made." Her eyes widened at what he was inferring to. She nodded and showed him to the public phone that was across the desk. Gaara thanked her before adding "I will be back soon to ask for a few rooms. I hope what happened earlier can just be a secret between us. They don't need to know what happened in that room."

"Understood sir, thank you very much." She said before dropping the key in it's container. Gaara dialed the Kazekage tower and offered a cleanup mission to any group of at least three shinobi who have battle experience. This way they won't be disturbed at the sight they'll be cleaning. He hung up and left, heading back to the group left in the woods.

Back in the woods, Aozora was rubbing the herbal remedy over Hiniku's when he wondered aloud:

"Gaara has been gone for a while. Do you think it was wise to leave him alone?"

"Trust me Aozora, he'll be fine. If I know my brother I think he's just settling a score before heading back." Hana overheard and pouted a bit.

"Still, I hope he's alright." She added. Kankuro placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Trust me Hana, He's more than okay. He'll be back soon."