Intriguing

We had our gymnastics class after lunch time so we went to the girls dressing room to change clothes. Me and Cassidy sat on a bench while putting on socks.

"Kim and Alex are taking a break" she said putting her sneakers on.

"A break, why? They seemed like the perfect couple to me" I said confused.

"I think Alex cheated on Kim... but I'm not really sure" she said with a sigh.

"Sucks" I said getting up from the bench.

We went outside the gym to the yard for our usual itinerary, a run for 30 minutes and then a voleyball game between all us girls. As usual our team lost. We all went back to the dressing room and took a shower, I never liked showering with too much people on the room so I always waited for them to leave. Cassidy was waiting for me.

"Just take a quick shower and let's go, the next class starts in ten minutes" she said looking at her phone.

"It's okay, you can leave, I'll catch you later" I said taking my shampoo and soap with me to the showers.

"Alright, don't be too late" she said leaving the dressing room.

I went inside the showers and took a warm quick shower, after I finished I put the towel around me and walked towards my locker where my clothes were.

"That's not true Kim, shut up" I heard a boy yelling from the other room.

"But, I saw it, there's no point on lying Alex" someone else with a higher voice said.

With only my underwear on I peeked outside to see what was that all about, I saw between an open door from the boys' dressing room Alex and Kimberly who were both my classmates, they were yelling at each other and fighting.

"Just shut up already" Alex said pissed.

"No, Alex why don't you just admit it for fucks sake, you cheated, we're done—" she yelled when suddenly Alex lifted his arm.

"Shut up!" he said.

I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see how he slapped her, but the sound never came. Instead when I opened my eyes I saw someone stoping Alex from punching her.

"Get the fuck away from her" the boy said.

I couldn't clearly see who he was because I could only see his back, but he seemed familiar.

"Or what?" Alex said in a challenging way.

"In case you didn't hear me well, leave her alone" he repeated when Alex opened his eyes impressed.

"You... you're that punk kid, who punches everything and everyone" Alex said.

Kim was in shock, I could hear her crying but she didn't say anything, she was just there, trembling. I wanted to help but considering I wasn't even dressed I couldn't do much about it.

"You're not gonna like it if you don't leave now" the boy said.

"Alright, you win, punk" Alex said leaving the dressing room.

I quickly hid so he wouldn't see me but then I peeked again, I was really intrigued by who the boy was, suddenly I saw his face.

"Are you alright?" O'Brien asked Kim, she was still trembling.

"Y-yeah..." she said looking at him.

"Good." he said walking away.

"Wait" Kim said, he turned around.

"Yes?" he asked frowning.

"Thanks..." she whispered as he let out a laugh.

"Don't mention it, and by that I mean it" he said turning around and walking away.