Butterflies

The door bell rang and I quickly went downstairs opening the door to see David, dressed on a casual look, with a pair of jeans, sneakers and a stripped sweater on the top, his curls were perfectly fixed with hair product. He smiled and glanced at me with those big honey eyes of his.

"Aria, you look great" he said checking me out.

I was wearing a nice casual grey dress with black flat shoes, my hair up on a ponytail and light make up on.

"Thanks, you too" I said with a smile.

"Shall we?" he said offering me his arm, we both began to walk away from my house to his car when suddenly we heard someone clearing his throat.

"Eeek..." I whispered, knowing exactly who it was.

We both turned around.

"David, right?" my dad said with his strong english accent looking down at him.

"Y-yes sir, my name's David" he nervously said letting go of my arm.

"So, you're the one who's taking my daughter on a date?" he asked getting closer to us.

"Y-yes we're going to have dinner and then we're going for a walk at the park, then I'll take her back home" David said trying not to stutter.

"Alright, I want her back at nine, mind if I see your license?" he suddenly asked.

"Dad—"

"There's a lot of kids driving without licenses Aria" he said concerned.

"Here" David said showing off his drivers license.

"Alright, have fun" he said with a smile going back inside the house.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry—" I tried to apologize.

"It's alright, no wonder you're so beautiful" he said with a giggle.

"W-what?" I said blushing.

"Your dad, he's a true gentleman, and he's also really tall and handsome, no wonder you're beautiful" he repeated.

"Okay, let's get going" I quickly said taking him by the arm and getting inside his car.

"You don't have to play dumb when people compliments you Aria" he said laughing, turning the car on.

"Sure..." I reluctantly said looking out the window.

We drove to the restaurant, on the way we didn't say much, we mostly talked about my parents, David didn't talk much about his though.

"We're here" he smiled opening the door for me.

"Thanks" I said getting out of the car.

The place was nice, a casual restaurant to go on a saturday evening at six pm, we sat on a table.

While ordering we talked about a couple of projects we had to deliver next week and then we finally waited for the food to come.

"So Aria, I've heard you like Love Color?" David said with a smile.

"The band? Yeah they're really good" I smiled back.

"One of them is my friend, the bassist to be exact"

"Seriously? That's amazing" I said excited.

"Yeah he's Canadian and we used to go to the same school before, he then came here and started the band with the rest of his classmates"

"They're actually really good to be only a high school band, I've heard they've been playing on the House of Blues lately?"

"Yeah, they just started to have a part on indie's night"