Friend or foe

Our evening finished when he took me home, we quickly said goodbye and I went upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed and let out a loud sigh.

It wasn't that bad was it? I thought to myself, seriously David is an interesting guy and he's really cute aswell but something kept me from moving forward.

Suddenly Eric called me.

"Eric" I said knowing he always called me for non important reasons.

"Aria, why didn't you tell me you were going on a date with David!"

"Um, what?" I asked confused, where did he get that idea anyway.

"Date, d-a-t-e"

"I know what a date is Eric, but why are you asking that, where did you get that idea?"

"Do you still get impressed when gossip flies? Because I don't"

"Are you telling me, Aria, people are talking about me?" I asked really confused.

"Aria, you have no idea since that fight outside the mall with that weirdo from school everyone's been talking about you, it's like you were the only one to stand up for that poor kid at the parking lot"

I let out a sigh "What? I don't understand..." I said confused sitting on my bed.

"It's just because you confronted him that's all. Anyway you're not telling me the date with David it's just a rumour? Then it's true?"

I stood there for a few seconds, swallowing the fact people talk about me, why? I wasn't confronting Dylan because I wanted attention, I was confronting him because he's a douche.

"Aria? Did you hear me?" Eric repeated.

"Oh right, sorry... yeah well we went out but I wouldn't call it a date to be honest" I reluctantly said.

"Oh so you did go out... interesting, he's a nice guy Aria, you go"

As soon as he finished that line I frowned. I don't know about that... I thought.

"Right, hey Eric can I call you later?" I said when someone messaged me on facebook.

[Hey Aria, you're so hot]

[Uh, okay why are you messaging me that Kyle?]

[You know, I just never noticed before that's all]

[And you did now because...]

[Hey I'm out, let's go out sometime!]

He went offline and I stood there, staring at his message, I couldn't understand why that just happened but it did and it was confusing. I laid my back on my pillow and closed my laptop, glancing at the clock, 10:30pm. I better go to sleep I thought letting out a sigh.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Aria wake up" I heard someone telling me from the seat behind me.

I lifted my head to see the teacher noticed I passed out during her class, Cass was the one trying to wake me up, the rest of the class was looking at me. How awkward... the teacher gave me the signal to leave her class. I took my books and my bag and walked out of the class.

As soon as I closed the door behind me I let out a loud strong sigh, looking down. Then I looked at the wall in front of me, there was another classroom, Dylan was outside of it resting one leg on the wall and listening to music. I waved.

He looked at me confused, ignoring me completely. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away upset. He let out a smirk, I frowned at him. He then mocked me again completely ignoring my expression and lip syncing to whatever song he was hearing. He's really enjoying this, that annoying sarcastic smile, that... I was losing the track of my thought when he took off one earphone.

"I thought you would never be excused from any classes" he joked.

"So now you decide to stop ignoring me, great" I sarcastically said looking at the empty hall.

"I wasn't ignoring you, you just didn't seem interesting enough" he said and I frowned.

"What? Well excuse me, Queen of the interesting stuff" I sarcastically said upset.

"No need to be mad, most people can barely keep an interesting conversation anyway"

"What do you know" I said, quoting him.

"Right? I know nothing to be honest, so I don't mess with that stuff"

"But you just did, by giving your opinion on it" I said moving my head from one side to another.

"Opinions don't matter Aria, what matters is the actions, the actions you do inside a subject you know nothing about—"

"We're not talking about interesting things anymore, are we?" I laughed.

"You noticed" he said when the bell rang.

"Hey wait—" I tried to say when everyone started to leave each class and the hall was full of people again.

"Aria you need to pay more attention to class!" Cass yelled at me.

"I know, don't be a pain" I said as we walked towards the cafeteria.

I noticed more people looking at me, I was usually a random girl at school but for some reason people where looking at me more.

We sat on a table when a girl that looked from freshman year got closer to our table.

"Excuse me" she said taking a paper out of her pocket.

"Yes?" Cass said looking at me confused.

"I have a message" the girl said.

"For who?" Cass asked mocking the girl.

"Aria" she said looking at me.

"Okay...?" I said absolutely confused.

"I can't give out any names okay?" we nodded "there's this girl from the popular table" she said glancing at 'the popular table' then I looked at Cass frowning.

"She wants to meet Dylan O'Brien and since you're friends with him she was thinking maybe you could possibly hook them up?" the girl nicely asked.

"Are. you. serious" I sarcastically said with my jaw dropped.

"Very" the girl said.

Cass let out a loud laugh.

"Oh my God" she said trying to stop the laugh.

"I..." I said looking around, the table where Dylan usually sits was empty, maybe they were smoking behind the school or something.

"If you agree she wants to meet outside the gym after lunch time" the girl said leaving.

"Wait" I said but the girl was already gone.

"Jesus Aria I—" Cass kept on laughing.

"What" I said annoyed.

She finally stopped laughing and looked at me, wiping the tears of her cheeks.

"Why in the world would she think you're friends with that jackass?" Cass said.

I looked at her with a serious look, she looked confused.

"Don't tell me..." she began.

"Would it be bad if it was true?" I said knowing she wouldn't like that.

"Aria—"

"Relax, we're not friends, I'm just talking hypothetically" I smiled.

"But..." she tried to keep the conversation going but I changed subjects.

"Anyway, that was hella weird, people need to stop that" I said upset, looking away.