Clearer

I took a deep breath and glanced at Dylan, somehow I had a feeling he wasn't doing this to make it worse but better, but I still knew this was worse. Why can't he just stay quiet?

"I... I'm not-"

I looked around the class.

"Since I was six years old I've been pushing myself to the limit all the time, everyone who 'knows me' knows I'm good at almost everything, I always get good grades and I still have some time left to have social life and friends, everyone thinks I'm 'perfect' or so I've heard but..."

Everyone was looking at me, everyone was actually paying attention to what I was saying.

"That's not true, that's not true at all. I've always wanted my parents to be proud of me, I don't want anything from anyone, I want to be better by my own means..."

I took a pause, my voice was trembling, it's the first time I tell anybody about this, which was MY secret, the only one I really never told anyone but myself.

"My parents can't afford this school but I have such good grades that I got an scolarship, I also like to be good at everything so I entered as much clubs as I could, Im always pushing myself into things I probably can't do but I need to do them for some reason."

I looked away.

"I sucked at drawing but after training I got so good and now everyone thinks Im the best at drawing" I let out a giggle.

Dylan was looking at me with a smirk on his face, with both arms crossed over his chest, it seemed like he was enjoying this.

"Sometimes the people we think are role models have gone through a lot to get there... I thought sharing this secret even with my bestfriends would be my weakness because it's something I've always kept to myself, not even my parents know..."

Suddenly a boy raised his hand.

"I said no questions until the end of the-" the teacher began to say.

"It's okay, I think we need that question" Dylan said.

"You said the world would be a better place without secrets, yet you kept this one with you because it was your weakness... in a world without secrets would you be weak then?" the boy asked.

I raised my eyebrows impressed.

"True... but I spoke about a world born with no secrets, we already live with secrets, we all have secrets so taking them away and start living without them would be hard, it's like living without love, or sadness... but if the world could start from zero I still support it would be a lot better without secrets" I finally said.

"Well that was our presentation, I hope you guys liked it" Dylan finished I looked at him confused.

"Thank you O'Brien, Miller" the teacher said, we went back to our seats.

"You did good" Dylan said I looked at him upset, totally ignoring him afterwards

After the class I got up from my chair and quickly went out of the classroom, I rushed to my locker that was in the yard on a hall.

I opened my locker and change my books. I still had the adrenalin from telling such a deep secret. I closed the locker door and Dylan's face startled me.

"Holy crap!" I yelled, he laughed.

"Don't be mad, you'll thank me later" he said following me around to the next class.

"Stop following me, I won't thank you later, shut up" I said upset.

Even if he was right I couldn't just tell him he was right, I mean he just embarrassed me in front of the whole class. And he did it on purpose.