Caring

I walked towards my locker to leave some of my books in it and there was a small package with a note that said:

"I hope your clothes smell good, I washed them myself.- Dyl"

I couldn't help but let a small smile out of my face, with the note in my hand I opened the package and my clothes now dry were there, they smelled like flowers. I put them in my bag and saved the note. I walked towards the bus station and Cass was there.

"What took you so long?" she joked.

"I was taking my clothes from yesterday, Dylan put them in my locker" I answered, she smiled.

"Okay" she chuckled.

The bus got there and we both went inside but instead of getting off near my house I did near Dylan's so I would go and ask him in person what was happening, that's what Cass and I thought of.

I rang the bell on his front door, waiting for him to open the door, but his mom did.

"Yes?" she said confused while opening the door.

"H-hey Im Aria Miller, Im classmates with Dylan" I smilled.

"Dylan? Oh, come in" she nicely said.

I entered the house, it was a huge wide house with a comfortable entrance, two stairs in each side of the front door that lead to the second floor and the living room in the middle, right in front where I was standing. The decoration was pretty modern, with black leather sofas and a white carpet on the floor with a small coffee table.

"Dylan never brings classmates, ever, sorry if I sounded rude" she said apologizing.

"Its okay" I said confused.

"Have a seat, I'll call him" she said as I sat on the edge of one of the sofas.

She went upstairs. I looked around the living room that was extremely huge, there was a window by the right side where I was sitting, opposite to where I entered the room, that window leaded to the back yard, which had a pool for what I was able to see, and the kitchen might have been probably behind where I was sitting, in front of me was a bonfire. I wanted to keep on sightseeing the beautiful stunning house but Dylan interrupted me.

"What are you doing here" he said glancing at me from the entrance of the living room.

"Hey" I said getting up from the sofa "Nice house-"

"I said what are you doing here" he repeated upset.

"I-"

He took me by the arm and quickly took me upstairs, we walked through the hall on the second floor until the last door to the right, he opened it and pushed me inside the room, closing the door behind him.

For what it looked like it was defenitetly his room.

"Aria, why did you come here?" he insisted, still upset.

"Let me talk!" I finally yelled mad.

He looked at me impressed.

"Okay, go on" he said sitting on his bed.

I took a few seconds, I looked at his room, he had a king size bed, with black sheets and a white cover. A couple of posters on the walls from a few local bands and a desk with a macbook on it. He also had a wide tv with a console and a few videogames on a stand. Nothing impressed me for a boy's room. Except for one thing: a doll. It looked old and rusty. I glanced at it for a second then I looked back at him.

"I want answers" I coldly said looking straight at him.

"Answers..." he sarcastically chuckled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"No, it doesn't concern you" he said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Actually it does, you're my friend and creepy people coming over to tell me creppy things, it concerns me now" I said upset pointing at him.

"Nina..." he whispered rolling his eyes.

"Exactly, now spill it out" I demanded.

"She was right, you do look like her" he said with a sigh.

"Your bestfriend right?" I asked, sitting next to him on the bed.

He nodded.

"What happened to her?" I asked he remained silent.

"Can I skip some questions?" he said, I could hear his voice trembling, he really didn't want to talk about his bestfriend.

"Alright, I won't ask about her, what about your house? It's huge!" I joked, he didn't laugh.

"My dad had a lot of money" he said leaning his back on the bed, looking at the ceiling.

"So he has this house and that apartment we went right?"

"Yeah, you know, he needed a place to drink without people noticing his state after passing out" he reluctantly said.

"Your mom doesn't know?" I asked concerned.

"She doesn't" he said and someone knocked the door.

"Dyl, are you-" she said when she noticed me "Oh, you're busy" she said.

"Yes Nina, I'll eat later" he said.

She closed the door.

"She lives here?" I asked.

"Yeah" he nodded.

"Why?"

"My aunt died two years after Nina was born, my mom took her in and we've lived together ever since" he let out a sigh.

"Im sorry" I looked down.

"Its okay"

"Do you have any siblings? I mean, sister or more brothers?"

"No, Im an only child, even though my mom's been trying to have another baby we don't really get along with her boyfriend" he said.

"I see..."

"Hmm" he said getting back up and getting closer to me.

"W-What?" I asked nervous.

"Why do you care?"

"What do you mean-"

"Depends on what you answer I'll talk about her" he finally said.

"Um..."

"So, why do you care?" he insisted with a smirk on his face.

"Not because we're friends because we're not, truly friends, but I care because I care about what happens to you, if you're upset or angry, if you get into a fight, even when Im against that. I started caring the day I helped you near my house and cured your wounds, the day I began speaking with you, the day we began to exchange emotions between us, the day we had a discussion because you were exposing yourself to danger, even when you told me helping always comes with a price and that you can't help without losing something I don't care, I want others to be grateful for what I do and helping others makes me whole, if I can make a change then I will and you're on the top of that list, I care because-"

"You like me?" he chuckled.

I blushed and shook my head.

"W-What?!" I yelled, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Everything you said is enough even if you deny the latter, I just wanted to joke a bit with your seriousness" he laughed.

"You're such a jerk" I said with my cheeks red and my hands sweaty.

"My bestfriend... I owe you that one, so I'll tell you about her"