Intimidated

Saturday monring, the sunlight was entering through my window. I rolled to one side of the bed and took my phone from my night table.

'11:26am' said the clock. I got up and put on my slippers, walking downstairs afterwards.

"Goodmorning" my mom said, she was all dressed up and with her purse on.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I'm going out with your sister" she said.

"Lindsay's here?" I asked even more confused.

"Yeah she came for the weekend" she smiled.

"Cool... have fun" I said as she left.

Lindsay is my older sister, she already has her family and is happily married (or so she thinks). She doesn't have any kids though. She's nothing like me, after she moved to New York she went into fashion so much I can barely recognize her as my sister. We used to be so close before, I don't really know what changed her so much. She used to have the same haircolor as me, light brown hair, but she dyed it blonde, like typical Cali blonde. She also has this permanent tan, I'm pale as milk so we look so different from each other. The biggest difference is that she got my dad's eyes. Blue as the sky, and I got my mom's eyes, deep dark brown. My mom also dyes her hair blonde so they look a little more alike whenever they are together. I'm happy she's here, I know my mom misses her a lot.

I had breakfast and dressed up, I called Cassidy but she said she was going to hang with her boyfriend so I asked Eric to hang out instead. I don't really hang out that much with him out of school but he seems like a nice and funny person to hang out with.

We met at the mall.

"Aria! How's it going?" he said excited, hugging me.

"Uh, cool, you?" I reluctantly said.

"Good, you don't seem cool though" he sarcastically said walking beside me.

"Yeah, I'm just not really in the mood that's all" I said with a sigh.

"Let's grab some lunch, that will make you a lot better" he smiled.

"Let's walk around some more, I only had breakfast a couple of hours ago" I laughed.

"Alright" he nodded.

We walked around some stores, trying clothes and joking around. I wasn't that sure Eric was straight because he was enjoying this way too much.

"Hey isn't that the punk from school?" Eric suddenly said, pointing out someone.

"O'Brien..." I whispered.

"I didn't expect him to be a shopping person" he laughed.

"I think he might be waiting for someone, he doesn't look like he's shopping Eric..." I said glancing at him.

"Yeah you're right, maybe he's waiting for his girlfriend—" he said when in fact a girl appeared.

She had this bright white long hair, her eyes had a smokey kind of makeup, she had blue eyes so they looked even more blue with the dark makeup.

"She looks like a scene kid" Eric joked.

"Scene? Like those hottopic kids?" I glanced at him.

"Yeah exactly, just look at her, skinny black jeans, band shirt and a lip ring" Eric said glancing at her.

"I don't think he hits her" I suddenly said glancing at O'Brien and the girl who were hugging.

"Here we go again, not because he's wearing glasses he looks more sophisticated Aria" Eric laughed.