29: MADILYN'S BIRTHDAY

Y'ALL MY POWER WENT OUT TWO DAYS AGO AND IT WON'T BE COMING ON FOR ANOTHER FEW DAYS OR SOMETHING I'M FREAKING OUT NO WIFI

THAT'S WHY LATE UPDATE SORRY I'M TRYING MY BEST

Madilyn's POV

My birthday was on a Tuesday and what was sad was that I had to go to school, and Shawn wasn't coming back from Chicago until tomorrow.

I woke up that morning to my alarm obnoxiously going off on my nightstand. I groaned to myself and rubbed at my eyes, getting up and getting ready. Now since it's my birthday, I chose to actually put effort into looking cute today.

By that I mean I wore the type of outfit I usually would (skinny jeans and v-neck) and the only effort I put into was curling my hair.

~*~

"Happy birthday Madilyn!" Taylor yells loudly as he crushes me into a hug. I start laughing and hug him back with a grin on my face.

"Thanks." I mumble into his chest which my face is squished against.

He lets go of me with a laugh and says, "What are you gonna do since it's your birthday and all?"

I open my locker while he stands beside me and shrug. "Well it's Tuesday so there's not much I can do."

"True." he says, reaching inside his backpack for something. He pulls out three candy bars: a Twix, Snickers, and a Milky Way. "I bought these for you for your birthday."

"Thanks Taylor." I laugh as he hands them to me, and I set them inside my locker. "That was so nice of you!"

He chuckles. "Yeah, yeah. I have to go to my locker, see you later." he hugs me quickly before walking away.

Mahogany comes up to her locker and says happy birthday to me, the both of us talking and laughing as we go to our first class.

Throughout the day, some people have wished me a happy birthday and I was happy to be seventeen. It was a pretty good day and it was speeding by quickly. I was walking into Algebra when my eyes caught Matthew's.

He smiles to my surprise. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks Matt." I return the smile and go over to my seat, sitting down and talking to Jacob until the class started.

"How is your birthday going?" Jacob asks me.

"Good, I just wish it was on a Saturday or something." I answer as the teacher walks in. He laughs quietly and turns in his seat that was across from mine on my left side. I try desperately to see above Matt's tall hair like usual until class is over.

While I was in the gym for my last class of the day, Ariel and I were discussing plans for this weekend. We were supposed to be playing basketball but that didn't really work out for us because she had just gotten her nails done so she didn't want to touch the ball, and I just didn't feel like participating in the sport I don't like very much.

We were forced to play so we just pretended like we were by slowly moving around with the other people.

When that class was over I was walking into the locker room when Amanda started talking to me. "I heard it was your birthday," she smiles her obnoxious and fake smile, "so happy birthday."

I roll my eyes and ignore her, grabbing my back from the locker.

"Is Nash still crying over me breaking up with him?" she snickers.