33: thunderstorms

Taylor's POV

Our date got cut short due to the storm and we all had to rush to Mahogany's house. Her mother told us that we weren't aloud to leave until the storm blew over. She didn't want us to drive through the storm.

I wasn't complaining though because I got to spend even more time with Jordan. The four of us went down to the basement to watch a movie.

I sat next to Jordan on the couch, keeping my distance just in case she didn't like me like that. Mahogany and Jacob were snuggled up on the recliner together and I just wished that I could be doing that with Jordan. I had this urge to pull her to my side and have her cuddle up to my side. It almost hurt me to sit this close to her but not touch her.

Halfway through the movie (we were watching 21 Jump Street) I scooted a little bit closer to her. I could see her glance at me and I look at her, so she quickly looks away. I smile to myself and scoot even closer to her. She surprises me by scooting all the rest of the way to close the gap between us. She surprises me even more by grabbing my hand and leaning her head on my shoulder.

I smile to myself and turn my attention towards the movie. I can see Mahogany wiggle her eyebrows at me and I stick my tongue out at her, but it's kind of hard because I'm smiling so wide.

Madilyn's POV

Shawn and I surprisingly don't die on the way back to my house. We have to run back inside, getting even more soaked because it was still pouring rain. Driving through the storm wasn't that bad because it wasn't so bad yet, but now the wind was full speed and it was raining so hard, lightning was striking above us and the thunder was louder than ever.

"Mom, we almost died!" I yell when we get into the house. Skylynn and my mom are on the couch, watching the news. Sky was hiding her face in my mom's side; she was horribly afraid of storms. The thunder was what scared her the most.

"Thank God you got home safe!" she lets out a sigh of relief, even though I texted her on the way home and said we were almost there. Shawn and I go to sit on the couch but Mom yells at us. "Hey! You two are soaked, no sitting on my couches."

"But--"

"Go change." she orders and we both sigh, turning to go upstairs.

"What am I supposed to change into?" Shawn asks as we enter my room.

"I have a lot of your clothes." I laugh, going to my closet.

"True." he says from behind me. I take one of his sweatshirts and turn around to give it to him, seeing that he took his shirt off. For some reason I blush, throwing his sweatshirt at him and turning back around quickly. I hear him chuckle from behind me. "Don't turn around again. I don't have pants on."

I turn around anyway and I see that he does have his pants on. He starts laughing at me and I chuck a pair of his sweatpants at him. "Asshole." I mutter. He steps forward and wraps his arms around me, still no shirt on.

"I love you, though." He says, kissing my cheek. There's a knock on my door and I slip out of Shawn's hold, walking over to it. He slips the sweatshirt over his bare chest right before I open my door.

Nash, Cameron, and Kam are standing there. "Hey guys." I smile as Shawn walks up from behind me, waving at them.

"Cam and Kam are stuck here, and so is Shawn." Nash tells us. I laugh because 'Cam' and 'Kam' his best friend and girlfriend basically have the same name. Kam's real name is actually Kamryn, but everyone calls her Kam.