Chapter 9

"I want I've cream" I say opening the fridge.

"I knew you would thats why I bought this." Cory says taking a pint of coffee ice cream out of a bag.

"Yaaasss"

Cory lets out a chuckle and says "you look tired"

"I am, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"How come?"

"I have no idea"

"Okay"

When I finish my ice cream, Cory says he wants to go to the park, so I put my blond wavy hair down then I put on short shorts that hug the bottom of my thigh, I wear a navy blue shirt that might be getting to small since it hugs my body. But I wear it anyway.

When we leave to go to the park I start to fall asleep. "Go ahead my little angel it's gonna take a while to get there." Cory says.

When Cory wakes me up we go to the hiking trail and we walk together. We talk about going back to the beach house sometime. He says maybe we can go back tomorrow after school.

While we are walking there is a giant almost as loud as a firework. Cory yelps and I see blood trickling down his back. "Oh my god" I say.

"Casey run!" Cory yells. We both start running. I am surprised he can still run after he got shot in his shoulder.

When we are hidden under a giant rock, Cory falls to the ground and I have to drag him under the rock.

"Are you okay is there anything I can do to help?" I ask.

"We can't see a doctor yet b-because I am not s-sure if he is gone yet, so what I need you to do and this may sound very gross but I need you to dig into my skin and get the bullet out." He says.

I nod my head and lift up the back of his shirt and dig into his skin. He yelps in pain as I slide the bullet out along with a lot of blood.

When I finish vomiting he says that he also needs me to wrap the wound tightly with a piece of his shirt to stop the bleeding. After tearing his shirt apart I tie it in a knot over his wound. But while he is laying in my lap he closes his eyes. I check his pulse to make sure he is alive.

Thank god I found one.

When I think it's over I slightly walk out of the rock. Nothing. I walk a little further to find help, but after a few feet of walking I turn around to see a man with a gun. He hits me in the head and every thing turns black.