Chapter 59

3rd person view:

Cory quietly walks up to the room and slowly peeks around the corner. He sees the man with the gun and knife. "Please don't hurt my baby!" Casey says sobbing. Where is my husband? Is the only thing that runs through her head.

Cory slowly walks to the kitchen and gets 3 knives and grabs a rock he finds on the floor. He puts the knives in his back pocket and keeps the rock hidden in his hand.

He walks into the room like he doesn't know what's happening. "What's wrong?" he yells.

He looks over at the man and acts scared. "Please don't hurt them. Take me don't take them-"

"Shut up!" the man says.

Wait for the right time. Cory thinks. When everyone is silent Cory throws the rock at the mans hand making his gun fall. The man doesn't have enough time to react before Cory grabs the knife from the mans hands careful not to hurt Kiley who is now wailing. Casey quickly takes the baby and Cory holds the knife up to the mans neck. "Casey phone the cops!"

Casey runs to get the phone and dials 911. When the cops reach the house Casey is petrified and Cory is still holding the knife at the mans neck.

Casey:

The cops take him away and we have to explain what happened. When the cops leave Cory goes to lay down but I can't sleep. I sit with Kiley the whole night afraid something will happen.

The next day around 5:00pm Cory starts to weaze and gasp for air.

I call the ambulance and while we are on the way to the hospital Cory is about to pass out. As I tear Cory looks to me and whispers so quiet I can barely hear him. "Can you sing me a song?"

I nod my head and start singing a song from one of my favorite movies.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass. A soft green pillow. Lay down your head. And close your eyes. And when they open. The sun will rise. Here it's safe. Here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here you dreams are sweet. And tommorow brings them true." I have to stop before I start sobbing. "I love you Cory."

"Till the moon and back." Then he closes his eyes and I hear the heart monitor go flat.