Chapter 17

"Come here buddy" I say to sweets. Sweets is what we decided to call the dog because on his body he is white which looks like white chocolate and he has light brown spots which look like caramel and he also has dark brown spots which looks like regular chocolate.

He hobbles over to me and sits down.

I tell him to lift his front paw up and when he does he places it on my arm and cuts me. "Ow!" I scream.

"Are you okay?" Cory asks me.

"Yeah" I say.

"Here let me see-"

"No!" I yell.

"I just want to look-"

"No! it's fine"

"Casey, just let me see"

"Its fine just leave me alone!"

He grabs my arm and forces my sleeve up. "Why did you do this?" he says revealing the cuts on my arm.

"Because" I mumble.

"That's not an answer!"

"I was miserable okay!"

"Why?"

"Because I had had to leave with my fucking aunt for a year!"

"So who cares!"

"She abused me"

Cory doesn't say anything after that. Neither of us do. I storm off to our room and slam the door shut.

I lay on the bed and start to cry. Cory walks in and lays down next to me.

"Promise me you won't do it again" he says.

"Okay" I say after awhile.

There is a long silence before Cory turns my face to look at him and kisses me.

"Come on" Cory says.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"We're going to see Jess and Kylie and Kailey."

We get in the car but after awhile I realize that we already passed Jess's house.

"You already passed her house." I say.

"Oh did I?" Cory says sarcastically.

"Fuck you"

"Somebody's a little grumpy"

"Again fuck you"

I fall asleep until eventually we reach where we were going.

"Walmart?" I ask.

"Yeah" Cory says.

"But I was asleep for hours what Walmart are we at?"

"You were asleep for 9 minutes"

"For realzies?" I say childishly.

"We're here to get kicked out."

"Shut up! I can cross that off my bucket list." I say excitedly.

"Ready?"

"Yaaaaassssss betch!"

"Okay first were going to go jump in the ball pin."

"It has been my dream to do this"

I climb to the top of the pin and fall in and when I come out I am laughing like crazy while my sweater is hanging on my shoulder.

When Cory finishes he comes out and balls fly everywhere.

When a worker comes over we turn around and try not to chuckle but surprisingly she looks at us and says "teenagers" with a smile on he face.

We smile and walk away. "Now we have to buy some black clothes and some water guns."

"What are we doing?"

"We're going to try something new."

When we buy our clothes, we have to use self checkout so no one sees us buying ski masks and gets suspicious.

We head to the family restroom and when we go in we lock the door behind us.

We change our clothes and then we put on the ski masks. When we fill up the water guns we walk over to the nearest shop. Starbucks.

We walk up to the cashier and everyone screams and runs away. I hold up my water gun and yell "get me a caramel crunch right now!"

The cashier is startled because our water guns look like real guns. She doesn't move and then I say "well then I guess I'll have to shoot you"

She's in shock. She still isn't moving. "Alright here goes" I lock the 'bullet' in place and it makes a clicking sound. That's part of the effect.

We both pull the trigger and the cashier screams as she gets sprayed with water. She opens her eyes and starts cracking up. "That's not funny!" she yells. Yet she's still laughing. In fact every worker is laughing.

She doesn't call security because 'we're still young' and 'that's what young kids do.'

The next thing we do is a lot of fun. We take the bikes off the shelf and we ride them around the store an then we jump off them and let them keep rolling until they crash into something. Fortunately this does get us kicked out. Yes fortunately. This is a good thing because if we didnt get kicked out at all I wouldn't be able to say "I got kicked out of Walmart"

When we walk out we are laughing like crazy. We get in the car and we start to kiss. After a couple of minutes I realize I am sitting on Cory's lap. When the hell did this happen? i think.

Soon enough there is a tapp on the window. Cory rolls it down and there is a man standing there holding a tiny box. He hands it to Cory and says "you might need these for later"

Cory retrieves the box not even bothering to look to see what it is. "Thanks" he says.

When the man walks away and Cory rolls up the window, he reads the box. He throws it on the bottom of the car laughing.

"What is it?" I ask.

He hands me the box and when I read it it says 'DUREX CONDOMS'

"really?" I say.