Chapter 40

I fall to the ground and hear someone yell my name.

"Casey! casey!"

I open my eyes and take a deep breath. "Casey come on. Get up" Cory says.

"You laughed at me" I say.

"What are you talking about?"

I look around to see I'm on my couch in the living room. I lift up my shirt and touch my stomach. "It was a dream" I say with a sigh of relief.

"Come on we're late"

When we get to the school building we head to the gym.

We have to sit in the audience and watch everyone else sing before it's our turn.

There is a girl up on the stage.

Dis bish sounds like mutha fuckin Ariana Grande. She has one of the best singing voices I've ever heard.

"Cory I-I don't think we can beat that." I say.

"Tonight's not about winning its about having fun. But we can at least try to KNOCK THESE MOTHER FUCKERS OFF THE STAGE!!!" Everyone turns and stares at him. "Sorry" he says.

Now it's our turn.

We get up on the stage and I hear someone yell "faggot!" at Cory. It was totally a girl to.

"You only said that because you want to fuck him" I yell at her. "Sluts and faggots go really well together so."

Cory snorts and them looks at me.

"And I bet your still single" another girl yells.

"I'm still-" I start to say with a chuckle. "How dumb can a bitch be." I say. I walk up to Cory and kiss him and then whisper in his ear "let's school these bitches."

A girl barely wearing any clothes walks up on the stage and says "so as you said sluts and faggots go together. So then I'm guessing you two are the perfect couple."

"So your calling me a slut when your apready half naked." I say. "And can you at least try to keep your legs closed."

She walks off the stage rolling her eyes at me. "By by biatch"

"Can I remind you your supposed to sing." Someone says.

"Oh yeah! I forgot the reason we were here in the first place."

Cory starts radioactive. "I'm waking up to ash and dust I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust. I'm breathing in the chemicals. I'm breaking in then shaping up then checking out in the prison bus this is it the apocalypse."

Now we both sing "I'm waking up I feel it in my bones. Enough to make my systems grow. Welcome to the new age to the new age welcome to the new age. To the new age. Wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radioactive radioactive. Wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radio active radioactive."

Now Cory. "I raise my flag. Don my clothes. It's a revolution I suppose. We're painted red to fit right in oh woah. I'm breaking in then shaping up. The checking out on the prison bus this is it the apcolypse oh woah."

"I'm waking up I feel it in my bones. Enough to make my systems grow. Welcome to the new age to the new age welcome to the new age to the new age. Wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radioactive radioactive wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radioactive radioactive. All systems go. The sun hasn't rises deep in my bones straight from inside. I'm waking up I feel it in my bones. Enough to make my systems grow welcome to the new age to the new age welcome to the new age to the new age. Wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radioactive radioactive wo ohohohoh wo ohohoh I'm radioactive radioactive."

We look at each other and smile out of breath. Next song.

I start. "Heart beats fast colors and promises how to be brave. How can I love when I'm afraid to fall watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow."

Now both. "One step closer. I have died everyday waiting for you darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

Now Cory. "Time stands still. Beauty in all she is. I will be brave. I will not let anything take away, what's standing in front of me. Every breath. Every hour has lead to this."

"One step closer. I have died everyday waiting for you darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. All along I believed I had found you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

I walk closer to Cory and walks towards me. So cliche.

"One step closer." I sing.

"One step closer" we both sing. "I have died everyday waiting for you darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. All along I believed I had found you. Time has brought your heart to me I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love for a thousand more."

We stare into each other's eyes and we can barely hear the audience clapping.

I kiss him and he picks me up like you hold a child. He walks me off the stage still kissing me and sets me down onto a table. He still doesn't stop kissing me. Neither of us stop. Neither of us want to stop. The only time we pull away us for air.

He climbs onto the table and lays me on top of him. A man pokes me to tell me it's time to announce the winners. "When y'all are finished having sex you might want to come and listen." He says.

"There's a sufferance between having sex and making out." I say. "We're just making out."

"Ok whatever well he's announcing the winners now."

We get up from the table and head over to the judging table. "And the 1st place winner earning $5,000 is-" the judge says.

"Wait the winners get money?" I ask Cory.

"Yeah" he answers.

"Abby Wenkaster!"

Abby Wenkaster is the one I knew was going to win.

"The winner of the second place prize of $2,500 is-"

I look around at the other contestants and they are all worried as fuck. "Cory and Casey!"

I look up at her in shock and then smile. I turn to Cory and scream. I kiss him and then pull away and say "this is the third time this has happened."

"I love you" Cory says.

"I love you too" I say.

"I was talking to the check."

I smack his arm and he starts laughing.

"The third place winner is-" "Alex Williams!"

I look and say "what?"

Cory has a puzzled look on his face too. The entire room goes silent too. "She sounded like dirt." I say.

"Ha! more like white chocolate" she protests.

"I can't Argue with that."

"Are you calling me sweet?"

"No, I can't stand white chocolate and it looks weird."

"Whatever fuck you"

"Um... no thanks I think I'll stick to my boyfriend."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Wow I'm surprised your not a blonde."

"You know your a blonde right?" Cory says.

"Shut up cory"

"Oh I get it now. Eww..." Alex says.

"Do not talk to her that way." My teacher, Mr. Williams says.

"Wait a minute. Your defending her. And you have the same last name. So-"

"Thank you daddy." Alex says giving him a kiss on the cheek.