Chapter 16

I hear a whimper coming from the door so I get up to see what it is.

"Cory! come look at this.'' I say.

"What is it?" Cory says.

"There's a dog at the door." I say. "He looks hurt"

"Well no shit, he has three legs and a cut the size of my palm."

I open the door but Cory stops me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"That thing could be vicious" Cory says.

"It's a puppy. It's no older than 5 months."

"In dog years that's like umm... 35 months."

"Well I don't give a shit''

I open the door to let the dog in and Cory knows he's not going to win this argument so he lets it go.

The dog hobbles I and we see it has a collar. 3498 fortmale dr.

"Ok, lets go clean you up." I say.

I clean the wounds on his forehead and leg. "I wonder what happened to you?"

When I finish cleaning the wound I start to tear at how horrible he looks.

Over his wounds I can see that he has a light brown face with dark brown spots.

He's a pitbull. Maybe I do know what happened.

I hope he isn't to wild that we can't "fix" him. He is still young so maybe we can. But he has an owner though so I guess we can't fix him.

"We have to take him to the vet" I say.

"Ok" Cory says.

We get in the car and we drive him to the vet. When we get there we don't have to wait long because of the condition.

The veterinarian says that the dog has a 2 common diseases called corona virus and leptospirosis.

"Corona virus is a form of viral diarrhea that can affect all ages of dogs. Puppies are at most risk and will suffer worse symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, weight loss, and constant drinking. Vaccinations can help. When was the last time he got vaccinated?" the veterinarian says.

"Umm... we found him on the street he isn't ours." I say.

"Oh" the veterinarian says. "Well leptospirosis is caused by a bacteria. It comes from contaminated water or other animals. Symptoms such as, high fever are common in most diseases, but symptoms such as jaundice and hemorrhaging-which will manifest in bloodstained feces- may lead to external bleeding and possibly death." But thankfully we have vaccinations and he isn't to deep into his diseases so they can be cured."

After we get the vaccinations and stitches we take him back to his owner.

"I don't want that piece of shit" the owner says. "Why do you think he was all beat up? ummmm..... #animalabuse duh" he says. "You can have that stupid bastard"

"Uh thank you" I say.

"You can have it as long as you promise not to call the cops."

"Promise" I say excited.

When we walk away Cory look at me and says "you're not gonna call the cops?"

"Oh that dumb bitch is crazy for trusting me. We're calling the cops"

What kind of sick man does this.

______________________________

I know nobody would ever be like "if you don't call the cops you can keep it" but just USE YOUR IMAGINATION ;)