Chapter 36

Sorry this is going to be a short one.

___________________________

On the car ride home my favorite song comes on.

Black widow.

"This is my shit!" I say. "It's just a cat and mouse game always starts the same first we're both blah blah blah and somehow you go insane we went from nothin to somethin likin to lovin it was us against the world and now we- what?" I turn my head to see Cory staring at me with a smile.

"You know the rap? And what does blah blah blah mean?"

"I told you it's my favorite song. I can't remember every part of it. Pay attention to the road."

"Red light"

I look up and see a red light. "God it's been like five minutes!" I say. "Why won't the fuckin light change!"

When we finally get home I go straight to sleep. I go to sleep early because tomorrow is my favorite day and I want it to come sooner.

April first.

When I wake up I put my glasses on. "You know Alex is gonna be trying to get you today" Cory says.

"I know. it'll be more fun for me though."

"I'm sure it will be."

When I get to school I walk up to Alex and tell her "you better not get in my way today. I've got lots of stuff to do"

"Whatever" she says.

I walk over to Cory who has been looking a little depressed lately. "You okay?"

"Uh... yeah. You know that's gonna make her go after you more."

"Yeah I know. I did that on purpose."

"Why?"

"You'll see"

At lunch Cory is nowhere to be found. I order my hamburger and as I am paying I hear some one sneaking up behind me. Oh Alex.

I turn around and grab the ketchup bottle from her hand and squirt it all over her shirt. I eat a French fry and start to laugh. "You bitch!" she screams at me. She tries to slap me but I grab her hand.

"You're not gonna win" I say. every one tries not to chuckle as she storms away to the bathroom summoning her minions to follow her.

I take my tray as I laugh. I go to sit down at a table when Cory stops me. He still has that same depressed look on his face. "Oh! Cory you just missed it. It was so funny al-"

"We need to talk." He says.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Well, not really"

I follow him to a table and we sit down.

"I'm really sorry, but"

"But what?"

"I-I'm-I'm breaking up with you."