Chapter 25

I lay my head down on Cory muscular chest. He's so hot. I lay my hand down on his stomach. Where's his stomach. "You're so bony" I say poking Cory's abs.

"I thought you liked it that way." He replies.

"Oh I do. Always will" I say. "It's one of many perks of having a hot boyfriend."

"And this is one of the many perks of having a hot girlfriend" he says poking my flat stomach.

I turn to look at his face. I bring his face in to kiss me. When we finish making out😏 we decide to go to sleep.

We wake in the middle of the night after hearing fire trucks and ambulances across the street. "What's going on" I ask.

"There's no fire because there is no smoke or any light. So that means somebody got hurt." Cory says. Cory puts his shorts on but not bothering about his shirt. I put on my robe and walk outside.

"We already see Jess and... Jonah standing outside. "Do you know what happened?"

" yeah one of the paramedics came and told us. Apparently someone's floorboard broke and the fell through and got stuck. They said its a pretty bad injury. The wood scraped all on her skin causing a ton of wounds." Jess says.

"Awe I wanna visit her in the hospital. To see if she's okay. Do you know her name?" I ask.

"Kayla Wippens." Jess answers in a raspy tone.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah I'm fine"

After a while when the trucks leave, Jess comes to our house and talks to us. "Are you sure you're okay? you don't sound that great."

"Ye-ye-yeah I'm fine."

"Do you want a glass of water?"

"Yeah but i'll get it"

She stands up to get a glass of water but as she heads to the sink she starts to fumble. "God, do you have any Advil? I have a headache."

"Yeah it's in the medicine drawer" Cory says.

"What does that mean?"

"The medicine drawer it's the one to your left."

"I can't feel my left arm. Or my left leg."

"Jess do you need me to call the doctor."

"No I just need you guys to help me get the feeling back into my arm and leg."

"Okay" Cory says getting up to help her.

"Woah I'm dizzy are you d-dizzy"

"No Jess I think I'm going to call the doctor"

"Okay great idea." She says. "Turn the lights back on"

"They are on"

"But I can't se-" Jess then passes out on our floor and I rush towards her.

"Jess! Jess!" I yell "call an ambulance I'll go get MsHousen."

When I run to the house I bang on the door yelling "MsHousen! open up! please!" Jonah answers the door clearly annoyed.

"GO THE FUCK AWAY ITS 3 IN THE MORNING" he yells.

"SHUT UP YOUR SISTER HAD A FUCKING STROKE ASSHOLE."

"oh shit, MOM!"

"What?!"

"Come on, Jess had a stroke"

She came flying out that door faster then Wiley coyote chasin that damn roadrunner. "Move bitch" she says pushing Jonah out of the doorway.

I hear the sirens of the ambulance coming so I go out to the end of the street and wave my arms. One of the paramedics points to me telling the driver which way to go.

When they come to our house they put Jess on a carrier and take her away.

At re hospital we have to wait in the waiting room to get the confirmation.

We all gasp and I start to cry when I see the doctor come out with a letter in a red envelope.

We all know what the color red means.