Chapter 48

We go to the doctor the next day for the ultrasound. He says it's been about 2 months. And that's about when I found out.

When we leave I have to take a nap because I'm tired. Cory decides to lay down with me because he wants to spend as much time as he can with me. "You're not gonna die." I say.

"Casey-"

"Stop" I say. "I don't think we should talk about it right now." Ginger comes up into the bed and lays with us. Cory comes close behind me in the bed and strokes the bottom of my hair where it's green and blue.

He moves his hand down to my stomach and starts to rub. "I think we should start thinking about names."

"Let's start with boys."

"Ok. Go ahead."

"Joe, Andy, Michael."

"I like Michael."

"Me too. I was hoping you would say that."

"What about a girl?"

"Maya, Jenna, Kiley, Sarah."

"I like Kiley."

"We must be thinking the same. That was my choice too."

"Yay. Just like each other."

When the kemo started, I was the one who cut his hair off. He said he wanted a wig but I said he looked fine. He said he really wanted a wig.

When we went to the shop, we found a wig that looked exactly like his hair. He got it and he said he wanted me to treat him as if he didn't have cancer.

Tonight we leave for Paris. ,I am really excited. When we get to the airport I almost scream. I've always wanted to go to Paris.

When we get to the destination the first thing we do is check into the hotel.

After we are checked in, we go to the shop to get ready for the French culture and the cold weather.

I get a Barrett and a black coat with a white scarf.

Cory just gets a jacket and some long fancy pants.

We head straight to the Eiffel Tower next. When we reach the top I am so excited. "Look at the view!" I say. "It's beautiful"

"Just like you"

We walk up to someone and ask if they can take our picture.

Cory takes me in front if the view and kisses me. When the person snaps the picture Cory pulls away slowly. "Thank you"

"No problem. You two are adorable."

"Thank you." I say.

"Now, ahem one last thing before we go to dinner" he looks into my eyes and pulls out a tiny black case. He bends down on one knee and says "Casey Jones. Will you do me the honor of-"

"Yes!"