Chapter 29

I open my eyes and try to sit up. I yelp in pain and I look down at where the pain is coming from. I look down to my leg and cover my mouth so I don't scream. I have a metal bar stuck in my leg. There is blood running all down my leg.

I try to pull the bar out and scream. When I finally get it out I start to cry. I open the car door and hobble my way out. I pull a piece of glass out of my stomach.

I see my mom by a tree with a piece of glass in her stomach. I pull it out of her and I look at the wound on her fire head. Her eyes are closed.

I check to find a pulse. I found one but it's very slow. I go to the car and find my phone. "911 what's your emergency"

"We...we just got hit by a truck" I say.

"Can you name your location?"

"Uh...um I-275. We're in the woods"

"Ok we'll have someone to your location right away."

"Thank you"

I hobble back over to my mom and fall to the ground. "Mom. Someone's coming to get us." I shake her. "Mom"

I hear the sirens in the distance.

"Mom come on." She doesn't move. "mom!" tears are brimming in my eyes. My mouth starts to pucker. "Mom! wake up!" I pick her head up. "Mom! please no!"

An officer comes and grabs me and takes me away. I wiggle and scream. "No! let me go! Please no!" I elbow the police man and run to my mom. The police man grabs me again and puts a syringe in my neck.

I wake up in a hospital bed with wrap on my leg and stomach. Cory walks towards me and says "hey sexy." and then kisses my forehead.

"Where's my mom?" I ask.

"Casey, I'm sorr-"

"Where is my mother?!" I say with tears brimming in my eyes.

"Casey, she-she didn't make it."

"No. No. No!" tears are spilling out of my eyes and my heart rate jumps.

"Casey Calm down."

"I can't." The doctor comes in and puts me back to sleep.

When I wake back up I'm sitting in a wheelchair and Cory is pushing me. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"The doctor has to give you surgery. He says he'll fix your leg so you can walk again."

"But that's impossible."

"He says it's a new project that just has been released after being tested for years."

"How?"

"It's a secret. Technology these days."

When I get to the room the doctor pays me down. He asks me if I'm comfortable and I nod my head. He asks what scent I want for my gas. I tell him I don't care.

He puts the mask on my face and the scent he chose was strawberry. I fall asleep and when I wake up I'm being shaken by the doctor to get me to wake up. "Just making sure you're alive" the doctor says smiling. I give a look with a frown on my face. I'm still upset about my mother.

He tells me I might still be a little sore. I stand up and walk around. "How in the world-" I say.

"Pretty cool eh?" The doc says.

"Pretty cool? this shit is amazing!"

The doctor releases me to go home but gives me his card with his info just in case.

When I get to my "dads" house, Jacob, Kylie, Kailey, and Jess are sitting on the couch worried sick. When they see me they come flying off the couch. "How are you walking?" Jess asks.

"Surgery" I answer.

"Why so glum?" Kylie says.

I don't answer her. "Where's mom?" Jacob asks. Shit. I didn't think of this.

Tears start to brim in my as I point up to the sky. "Please tell me she's on the roof." He says. He starts to cry and so do I.

My dad walks in and sees us. "Hey, what's going on?" he says.

"Oh, so now you decide you want to care." I walk away frustrated. My dad has never cared. He has told me before that he doesn't care anymore. He says we can fend for ourselves. I go to the bathroom and take a shower. When I come out and wrap my towel around me, I start to brush my hair.

Cory knocks on the door and my response is "don't come in I'm naked."

"That's gonna make me come in even more." He says.

"Pervert"

"Besides I know you're lying." He opens the door and walks in. By then I am wearing my pink shirt with my white jeans.

He turns my head and makes me look at him. He kisses me and only pulls away for breath. I put on my glasses and head out to the living room.

Jacob told my dad what happened with mom and dad doesn't even seem upset about it.

3 weeks later*

My moms funeral is today.

We walk to the burial site and listen to the pastor. I throw a rose in with the casket. I think it's funny that my dad isn't here but my friends are. Imma go off on this bitch.

I remember just a few months ago when I was his sweet little girl who wasn't allowed to have sex with Cory. And then he just snapped.

I start to cry and Cory brings my head into his chest to comfort me. He rubs my back as I sob and sob and sob.