Chapter 35

The next day at school Cory sits next to me and says "guess what"

"What"

"I signed you up for the school singing comp."

"You did what!"

"Come on. You're talented. You'll for sure win."

I stand up and walk to the sign up sheet and then write down both of our names. I hand the paper to the lady so Cory can't change it. "Casey, you know I can't sing"

"Actually you've never actually sung in front of me."

"What ever."

"I think we should go to the park to get our photos for the project."

"Okay"

We head to the park and take pictures. I get pictures of mostly butterflies and lizards while Cory gets chipmunks and and birds and shit.

On the way back it's already nighttime. We are walking back when Cory has to go to the bathroom. I wait out side for him when the same teenager from last night takes me to an ally. He puts a gun to my back and forces me to go to the ally.

He throws me onto the ground and makes me take my shirt off again. "Now the pants." He slowly takes my pants off and once they are all the way off, he starts to rub my stomach.

He starts to pull my underwear down but then he says "hmm... maybe I'll save that for later." He undoes the strap on my bra and starts to take it off. He doesn't do it fully. He puts it back on and starts squeezing me in places only my boyfriend should squeeze.

"Stop it!" I yell.

"What's that? You like it?"

"Actually, yeah I do." I grab his head and keep it still. "Kiss me" I say.

He puckers his lips and closes his eyes. Once I get close enough to his face I head but him. He falls to the ground and I kick him in the groin. "Bitch"

I grab my shirt and walk away like nothing happened. I call 911 and tell them what happened. he probably left by now though.

I walk around the corner and bump into Cory. "Sorry" I say.

"It's fine. Where were you?"

"Um I was taken. Again. By the same guy as yesterday."

"Where is he now?"

"Who knows."

We go to the beach the next day. I put my sunglasses on and lay out my towel. I lie down on my towel and stay for awhile.

I close my eyes. Somebody takes my sunglasses and I open my eyes to see Cory wearing them.

"Are you gonna go swimming?" he asks.

"Give" I say reaching for my sunglasses.

AHe puts my sunglasses back on my face. He then picks me up. "Wait stop! my jeans are still on!" he throws me into the water and I decide I want to freak him out. I grab my red nail polish from my pocket and pour it out so it looks like I'm bleeding.

"Casey?" he says shaking me through the water. "Casey!" he pulls me up and he heard me laughing.

He turns me around and I say "you fell for it!" he drops me back in the water. I sit up and he yells at me.

"That wasn't funny. You scarred the shit out if me."

"It was pretty funny."