Chp : 26 - Confessions

Ara's P.O.V

I floated back up only to hear a familiar laughter. I wiped my face with my hands for a clear vision. I looked up to see Jimin laughing hysterically who was wearing nothing but shorts. "Aish, why did you push me? " I fairly yelled, anger rushing through my body. "Sorry Ara, but I thought you were here for a late night swim" he said laughing even louder. He jumped in the water and swam towards me. "Weren't you?" he asked getting dangerously close and started laughing at my reaction as he backed off. "No, if I were I wouldn't be dressed like this" I said a little calmly. "Fair enough, so what exactly were you doing here?" he asked me and my mind went blank. The sudden memory of what happened flashed before my eyes. Frustration took over me again and I started drowning. Thankfully Jimin was there to save me. "What happened, why did you suddenly drown? Did I say or perhaps do something wrong?" Jimin spoke and I sat there catching my breath. I couldn't say anything. Jimin was really worried. "Just go and rest, I'll walk you to your room" he said and we walked towards my room. I went inside after thanking Jimin. Once I was in my room which was warmer than the pool area, I sat on the bed still completely wet.

All of a sudden I remembered Jennie's car, how it was crashed completely. Once a car but now it was just a piece of metal scrap. Suddenly something struck me, it's been a while and there's no update about Jennie's missing car and Jennie has forgotten about it. After all that drama, she just forgot? Maybe she moved on. I almost forgot that I was wet and went to the balcony. The climate was pretty chilly, probably because I was wet. The view was really very pretty, the house was on a hill so I could see the whole Seoul city from up here. The city was brightly lit up with lights in the darkness. It felt like thousands  of starts twinkling beneath my feet. The view was very soothing.

I checked my phone and found a message from an unknown number

Unknown : How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from BTS specially Jungkook, but you won't listen. Now you'll have to pay for it.

It was weird, who could it be? Not that I care anymore. I suddenly heard a light knock on the door.

Chen's P.O.V

I couldn't help it, I just had to tell Ara about my feelings, I cannot hold it back any more. I have to clear it to her, it wasn't a good confession. I just couldn't express my feelings. I stood up and wiped the drop of tear that almost froze on my cheeks. i walked towards her room, getting nervous with every step I take. When I reached her room I decided to knock, but my body froze. I was extremely nervous and had no idea how she will react. If she even wanted to see my face, but I had to at least try and talk to her. It's the least I could do. I lightly knocked at the door hoping she's not asleep. After a few minutes when I was almost about to give up I heard her voice and I entered the room. "Oh hi Chen, I thought you might've slept" she said sounding a little uncomfortable. "Uh no, I just wanted to talk to you" she looked at me and gave me a small smile. "Take a seat" she said and I sat on the chair that she had pulled for me. "We need to talk about what happened earlier" I spoke and she nodded. "It's true that I really like you, no actually love you. And I have always loved you from the times we were rookies. You were the only one who understood and supported me through my thick and thin. I couldn't help but catch feelings for you. It was not because how you looked from the outside, but how you were. You were my ideal type since then."I paused and studied her face. "I kept on getting impressed by how you handled things. I was not planning to confess anytime soon, but I think I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. You make me feel like no one else Ara." I spoke and she didn't say anything but just looked at the ground. I sighed "Ara, you're the cleverest and the bravest person I know, and sometimes I can't catch my breath because I try so hard to keep up. I know I won't find anyone like you. My heart skips a beat every time you are around. I really love you "I stopped my sentence when I heard Ara sneeze. That is when I realise that she was completely wet. "Did you take a shower with the clothes on?" I asked trying not to laugh. She didn't say anything but sneezed again. "I think you should go shower, I'll leave now" I said without getting any answers but at least my heart was at peace.