Chp : 16 - Misunderstandings

Jennie's P.O.V

After Ara and Chen excused themselves they didn't return. Almost half hour had passed, so I decided to go check on them. I tried finding them but I couldn't see them anywhere. I walked outside the house and saw two figures near Ara's house. One of them looked like Ara and I couldn't see the other. I was sure it was a guy. Maybe it was Ara's boyfriend that she forgot to mention about. I wanted to ask her but decided not to interfere so I went back inside to enjoy the party.

After a while I was actually getting worried and so was Jungkook. Well Jungkook was more worried about Ara and I was more worried about Chen since I knew that Ara was out with her boyfriend but didn't know anything about Chen. I didn't tell Jungkook about Ara because it's not my secret to tell. He asked me for my phone as he wanted to call someone and his phone was with his hyungs. He used mine to call Ara but she probably didn't pick up. He was worried and frustrated at the same time. It was getting late and so I decided to go back home. Jin offered me a ride back home.

Once I was home, I did my routine and decided to text Ara since I was really worried. I texted her many times but she didn't text me back. I fell asleep waiting for her reply.

*Next morning*

I woke up and did my morning routine. Since it was Saturday we had a holiday. Well, I don't know why did our school decide to re-open on a Thursday. I checked my phone expecting Ara's message, but nothing. This girl didn't even read my texts. I guess I'll just have to give her a surprise visit. I got ready and left for Ara's house.

Once I reached Ara's house I rang the bell but no one opened the door. I used the bell once again as well as knocked on the door. I was about to leave when I heard the door open. It was Chen who opened the door and he was 'SHIRTLESS'. I felt my cheeks heat and had butterflies in my stomach seeing Chen like that. 'Wait, what was Chen doing at Ara's house? Are they dating?' my thoughts were interrupted by Chen "hello, Jennie. What are you doing here?" he asked yawning. "Ummm.... Well I came to meet Ara since I couldn't find her at the party yesterday and she didn't answer any of my calls or messages either, and please wear something" I explained as i hid my face in my hands. I was very nervous. "Ok hold on" he paused "she's sleeping as she's very tired from yesterday's party. " he added. 'Surely they are dating. I should've known. But Ara knows that I like Chen and yet she didn't tell me that they were dating. I could hear my heart break into million pieces. I turned around since my eyes were filled with tears. I shouldn't have trusted her, she just made fun out jf my emotions. "Should I wake her up or something?" He asked and I nodded a no. I began running away because I didn't want Chen to see me like this. "I'll tell her to call you later" he yelled as I was far away from him.

I went directly to my house, in my room. I shut the door and I couldn't control any more. The tears fell from my eyes and I hugged my pillow. I cried my heart out.

Ara's P.O.V

I was woken up because of the loud noise of the television. I went downstairs annoyed, only to find a shirtless Chen watching some movie. "Didn't you know I was sleeping?" I taunted. "Yeah, and so was I until Jennie decided to show up and ruin my sleep because she was worried about you" he responded. "Oh shit, I forgot to call her" I hurried back to my room and tried calling her but she didn't pick up. I checked the texts and they were so many. Not only from Jennie but also from Jungkook. I replied to all of them. I tried calling Jennie again but she didn't pick up.

Chen suddenly started yelling my name as if something had happened. I ran down to see Chen on his laptop. "Here, Ara remember the cameras I had put in the woods yesterday? They have recorded something" he uttered. "What?" I questioned as I sat besides him. The recording had Mr. Cho and a man who was tied up and had something on his face. Mr. Cho and his men were dragging that man and threw him in a car. "Guess we found the location where he has kept the agents" Chen commented. I looked at him with a smile and hope. I will finally save my father. I really miss him. "Let's go then, what are we waiting for" I ordered and he nodded. I got ready to leave. I almost forgot about Jennie and Jungkook as I was very excited and happy to finally know the place where my father was held. I was going to save my father and prove him that I'm a great daughter.