Chp: 12 - First Day (part 2)

Jungkook's P.O.V

As Ara told me that she'll meet me in the class, I was waiting for her to come. The bell rang but Ara was no where to be seen. As I was about to go to search for her she entered the class with..... Jennie? Why is she talking to Jennie? She'll surely get into trouble if she keeps hanging out with her. She's the victim of almost every bully in the school but mostly Hana's. Jennie got into our school last year I suppose, but she always got bullied specially from the time Hana started bullying her. I noticed a red patch on her cheek. I was really confused. She came and sat besides me but before I could ask her anything the teacher entered the class and the lecture began. I was so curious to know what happened to her cute little cheek. To be honest I was worried about her too. I poked her hand with my pencil to get her attention but she ignored it. I tried again and she sent me a death glare. I guess I'll have to wait until the end of the class. It was five minutes for bell and I was dieing being so worried and curious at the same time.

Soon the bell rang, Ara gathered her belonging and so did I. I waited till she finished and we began to walk towards our lockers." Hey Ara, what's with the pink cheek?" I asked  her hoping she'll answer. "No nothing" she said while walking a little faster.

Ara's P.O.V

I didn't want Jungkook to know anything about the restroom encounter. He gets worried about me alot and I don't want him to worry about me as much. I started walking a little faster to avoid his  questions but he won't leave. He kept following me. I reached my locker and Jungkook was still with me. "Look whatever happened forget it, I'm fine. You don't have to worry ok?" I told him hoping he'll go to his locker. "How can I not worry when you have a red cheek on the first day of school" he answered. I guess he was right but it's just embarrassing to tell him that I got beaten up by a girl like Hana. I was so much stronger and much experienced in fighting than her. "Who hit you Ara, tell me the truth" I was caught off guard with that question "Was it Hana?" he questioned. How did he know somebody hit me snd more specifically Hana. I never told him about someone hitting me. And as much as I know my cheek didn't have any finger prints, they just looked pink. I looked at him with my eyes wide open. "N-No one, I slipped in the bathroom and hit the bathroom door" I said taking my books. He opened the locker next to mine. Wait his locker is next to me? "You know Ara you're a bad liar, I didn't ask for the lies but the truth. Tell me" he asked in a more relaxed voice. Somebody touched my shoulders from behind and I looked back to see Jennie. "Hey Ara, I know I said it before but thank you for standing up for me today. No one ever stood up for me not even my old friends. But since you stood up for me, I think you should be more careful with Hana, she won't let you live in peace. I'm sorry for that but please be careful and here's my number, call me if you want to talk to me" Jennie said handing me a piece of paper and waved a goodbye before leaving. I put the paper in my bag. "You messed with Hana? You stood up for that Jennie? What were you thinking Ara?" Jungkook bombarded me with questions and I could see worry on his face. "I couldn't let someone bully an innocent girl" I answered. "Who said she's innocent? You don't even know what she is like" he spoke. "Do you know? Then tell me,..... Tell me what's she's like" I said. "I don't know, all I know is Hana and Jennie were best friends before" he said staring at the ground. "Why would a friend bully another?" I questioned. "I don't know Ara, all I know is you messed with Hana and I can't let her do anything to you so you have to be with me. I'll protect you and you'll have to stay away from Jennie" he said looking a bit concerned. I just nodded thinking about what might've happened with Hana and Jennie.

I walked to the front gate where the guys were waiting for me. "Hey Ara, since the school started, we planned to  throw a party tomorrow " Jin informed. "And we are inviting you first so you have to come" Namjoon continued. I nodded a yes and I was pretty excited for the party. This would be a perfect time to know what happened with Hana and Jennie. I'll get to know Jennie better. Even after all the warning I got from Jungkook to stay away from Jennie, I don't think she's a bad person. She did have some friends who rarely talked to her and being her friend can be beneficial for me. I could get to know about Hana. Being Hana's friend is going to be next to impossible.