Chapter Four ~ Jisoo

Y/N's POV

It didn't take too long for me to reach the store, roughly around five minutes. I found a space near the entrance to park and headed inside.

"Hey Y/N!" Jisoo smiled, giving me a little wave as she continued to stock the shelves

"Hey Jisoo, you okay?"

"Yeah, just can't wait to finish. It's been pretty dead tonight, I've been so bored and Mr Lee keeps giving me all the crappy jobs." I chuckle as she rolls her eyes.

Jisoo started working at the convenience store a few weeks ago as she wanted to buy her first car, she was fully aware her parents didn't have much money and she didn't want them wasting what little money they did have buying something so extravagant when she could simply work and save money to buy one herself.

"Did you go hiking again?" She added, pushing a cart down the next aisle.

"Yeah, took some pretty decent photos actually." I walk alongside Jisoo as she checks the expiry dates on a few products, throwing the out of date ones in the cart.

"It freaks me out, don't know how you can spend so long alone in that place."

"It doesn't scare me, I find it peaceful." I smile, grabbing some milk as we pass the fridges.

"Oh, don't worry about picking me up tomorrow by the way. I've got to leave early with my dad, he's going to give me a ride." Jisoo informed me as we reached the doors leading through to the stockroom.

"Okay, I'll see you in our first lecture then." I kissed her cheek, giving a little wave as she headed through the doors.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow and drive safe." She smiled sweetly before the doors closed.

I paid for the milk and then headed back home.

~

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I called out, stepping through the front door

"Sweetheart, I was just about to send out a search party. I thought you were only going to be fifteen minutes, what happened?"

My dad appeared from the kitchen, wiping his hands on the apron he was wearing.

"Sorry, got distracted talking to Jisoo." I walked over, going up on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Ah, okay. Spaghetti is ready, just about to plate it up." He ruffled my hair and chuckled when I swatted his hand away.

"Not the hair, never the hair." I laughed, dropping my satchel by the stairs as we walk inside the kitchen.

"Smells good." I smile, taking out the cutlery and setting the table as he dished out the spaghetti.

"I was tired, didn't really feel like cooking much and spaghetti is quick and easy."

"It's my favourite, you'll hear no complaints from me." I smile, taking a seat opposite my dad as he removes the apron and rests it over the chair beside him.

"Hunnie! Dinner is ready!" Dad shouts, thanking me as I filled his glass with water.

"Coming!" I heard my mom open and then close the door to her study, her tired eyes falling across the two of us as she entered the room.

"Hey sweetie, how was the hike?" She kissed my forehead and then took a seat beside dad.

"It was good! I got some pretty cool photos, might go out again tomorrow after lectures."

"I can't wait to see them, I'm sure you'll get more fantastic shots tomorrow too." She smiled.

The rest of dinner was basically the same as always, each of us talking about what we did with our day before we wash and dry the dishes together and then sit down to watch a movie.

My dad said family time was important, he would ban phones from the dinner table and even during the movie after. I didn't mind this as Jisoo was still working and BamBam was probably with his girlfriend Yerin so it wasn't like I had anyone to chat with anyway, we watched a movie called Casino which was a favourite of mine and then I headed upstairs to take a shower.

I spent the rest of my evening working on a paper for my English Literature class and so it was around midnight when my eyes grew heavy

I stretched and yawned, packing everything away before setting my alarm for the following morning.

Another day in Blue Creek.