Chapter Forty One ~ Broken Promise

Y/N slept all through the night and most of the following day, Taehyung had called her parents to inform them she would be staying over at his place after falling asleep watching a movie. It was lucky both her parents were out when she got home last night, otherwise Taehyung would then have to explain why she ended up back at his place after he dropped her off earlier that evening.

Jin, Hobi and Yoongi were at college but Namjoon took the day off so he could keep watch over the house. Jimin and Jungkook had left for school four hours ago, Jimin promised to take notes for him in all their classes so he wouldn't miss anything important as Taehyung stayed behind to watch over Y/N.

It was just after one in the afternoon, Taehyung had reluctantly left Y/N so he could shower and make himself some lunch. It was pure agony to be away from her even though she was literally a few seconds away from him, this mate bond was no joke.

Y/N's sore and slightly swollen eyes finally opened, it took her a few minutes to survey the surroundings and once she registered that she was in Taehyung's bed she instantly felt herself relax.

"Ouch." Her voice came out hoarse, throat tight and sore as she slowly pushed herself to sit upright.

It then hit her, everything that happened last night.

How did she end up here?

Y/N pushed the blanket away, brow furrowing when she spotted her leg wrapped with a bandage. Then her fingers immediately went to the cut on her head yet she felt only the small dressing which covered it.

Obviously Taehyung had patched her up but the question still remained, how the hell did he find her? Did she make her own way to him but just couldn't remember? It was hard to believe anything from last night was real, especially the part where she had her encounter with the two wolves. There must be some explanation for what she witnessed, no way should wolves be that big. It was dark, she was scared and her mind was simply playing tricks with her.....that was the only logical explanation and she was sticking with it.

Y/N slowly pushed herself to the edge of Taehyung's bed, there was a bottle of water on the table beside it which she polished off in record time. The house was quiet so she figured the guys were out, she wondered if Taehyung was still home.

"Taehyung?" Her voice came out louder and much clearer, the water had definitely helped to soothe her throat.

There was no reply yet she heard movement from downstairs, she checked the kitchen first and found Taehyung sitting at the counter eating a sandwich.

"Hey." She had no idea what to expect, would he be angry with her for breaking the promise she made not to leave the house?

Taehyung looked up from his sandwich and couldn't deny how beautiful she looked especially wearing his clothes, she looked so fucking good in them yet he told himself to be stern with her....he was still furious.

"You could've been killed." His tone was abrupt and eyes narrowed, Taehyung hadn't been like this with her since they first met and she didn't like it at all.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was just so worried for you, I thought something really bad was happening and wanted to make sure you were okay." Y/N fiddled with the hem of Tae's shirt, too afraid to look him in the eye because she was afraid of what she would see.

"I told you everything was fine, I promised to call you after and you promised me that you would stay safe at home. I've never been so scared in my life, you ignored my calls and didn't even reply to any messages."

"I had no signal, I was in the forest. I would never ignore your calls, please believe me Tae." Her voice broke a little as she swallowed back the lump in her throat.

Taehyung wanted nothing more than to hold her close and cover that adorable face in kisses but she needed to know that her behaviour last night wasn't acceptable so as much as it broke him he stayed where he was.

"I called your parents, told them you fell asleep watching a movie so you would be staying the night. I also called the school this morning, told them we're both sick. I'm not sure if they believed me, to be honest that doesn't even matter right now." Y/N watched as Taehyung moved across to the sink, he washed his plate and then turned around to face her again.

"How can I trust you? Explain to me how you can possibly expect me to do that when you're already breaking promises, enlighten me?" Taehyung leaned back against the counter, arms folded across his chest. Y/N knew he was furious with her but she couldn't resist checking him out, wearing black slacks and a green button up shirt he looked gorgeous add to that the glasses he was wearing and the way his messy red hair fell across his eyes..... he was beautiful.

Taehyung forced himself not to react, he was well aware she was checking him out and it was taking all his strength to not smirk over at her.

"Well, answer the question." His tone remained stern, eyes cold.

"I won't ever break my promise to you again, I just feel like you're hiding something from me and I'm scared Taehyung. I just wanted to help you, protect you." The silence which followed broke her heart a little, her stupid act last night probably cost her big time....would he even still want to be with her after this?

"I'm sorry, thanks for looking after me though. I'll get my stuff, go home and you can call me when you decide to forgive me." Y/N didn't even cast him another glance, she spun on her heel and was about to make the journey back upstairs to get her things when Taehyung finally spoke.

"Come here." Taehyung couldn't help but smile, she looked so adorable wearing his shirt and the little pout she gave him before turning around nearly made him laugh.

"You forgive me?" She spun around, eyes on his.

"I'm mad at you but as long as you promise to never break another promise again.....you're forgiven." He cocked a brow and smirked, Y/N felt relief wash through her as she raised on her tiptoes and dashed across the cold tiled floor toward him.

"You're so cute." He chuckled as she reached him, arms going around his neck.

"I'm sorry babe, it was wrong of me to break my promise." Her beautiful eyes conveyed that she was indeed sorry for what happened and he smiled.

"I know, you're forgiven so stop saying sorry." Taehyung playfully tapped her ass and her eyes widened in response.

"Did you just spank me."

"Oh sweetheart, that wasn't a spank....trust me you would know if I spanked you." Taehyung breathed out, his voice deeper and huskier than usual.

"Is that so." She played along, widening her eyes as she looked up at him through thick lashes.

"You little tease." He grabbed her thighs and lifted, she responded by wrapping them around his waist.

"I didn't give you permission to touch my ass."

"Woman I'll touch this delicious ass of yours whenever I want, don't deny me." His large hands playfully squeezed her ass as their lips met in a fiery kiss.

"Y/N if we don't stop now I'll do something I shouldn't." Taehyung pulled away slightly, nibbling on her bottom lip as he tried to calm himself down.

"What if I don't want you to stop?" Y/N blushed at her own words, she was ready for this so why was he hesitating.

Taehyung's eyes darkened, jaw clenching.

"My love before we do anything there's something you need to know about me first."

Y/N gave a nod, she was ready to hear his secrets.