Chapter Eleven ~ Guilt

Taehyung's POV ~

I told Jimin and Jungkook to never mention what happened that day, I didn't want to know anymore and refused to believe it was true. I would simply avoid her and carry on with my life. I wasn't the type of guy to dedicate myself entirely to someone like that, the thought actually scared me. I was still young, there was so much I wanted to achieve and do with my life and giving myself to someone wasn't on my list.I was proud to be part of a pack but the one thing I hated was the fact we had mates, in my mind it made us weak and I hated that feeling.

It was difficult to avoid Y/N, wherever I went her scent was there reminding me of what she could possibly be. It also hurt me to see the sadness in her eyes whenever I would send a cold stare her way, my heart twisting whenever she would send me a smile I never returned. I wanted to return them, I so badly wanted to be close and tell her that I'm sorry and this isn't her fault but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I needed to stop thinking about her, she needed to stay away from me because this isn't going to happen.

I started to date Megan, she was the most popular girl in the college and was obviously drop dead gorgeous but she didn't hold a candle to Y/N and that only annoyed me further. I would look at Megan and feel nothing but a sexual attraction but when my eyes would fall across Y/N my heart would race, she was beautiful and nobody came close to her. I would kiss Megan and feel nothing but one accidental brush of shoulders with Y/N and my body was on fire. I wanted to do so many things to her, things that would never happen because once they did everything would change.

I felt so conflicted, it was driving me crazy. I was trying everything to push her away but whenever she was upset my heart would break, I wanted to take her in my arms and say sorry but I was stubborn....I didn't want this but my heart kept betraying me.

Jimin and Jungkook kept to their word, they never mentioned Y/N or the whole mate thing as they knew it would only anger me and once my anger got too much for me that would cause me to shift when I wasn't expecting it and we couldn't let that happen.   

I was miserable though, with each day that went by and with every time Y/N looked at me with those sad eyes a piece of me died.

Megan started to get clingy, never wanting to leave me alone or stop touching me. I started to snap at her and put distance between the two of us as the more Y/N was hurting the more my heart was starting to weaken. I had no energy, I would spend most of my time at home sleeping and I knew the others were worried about me.

I took my temper out on Y/N today, I was just leaving the library after taking some time alone to study when she walked right into me, my body instantly reacted to her touch. I swallowed hard, hands curling into fists as that fire spread through me....a fire only she could cause. Her scent was intoxicating, I wanted to move her head to one side and run my nose along that delicious neck. I imagined how soft her skin would be beneath my lips, I so badly wanted to kiss her.

I felt my heart tighten when she said those words to me...."I can't stand you." I don't know why but this overwhelming sense of sadness engulfed me.

Then I did the unspeakable....I said the same back and once her eyes filled with tears and she knocked her shoulder against mine leaving me alone in the corridor my body just reacted. 

"Listen!" I growled as my long strides finally managed to reach her once she left the building, my fingers wrapped around her arm and she spun around to deliver a slap to my cheek.

"What the fuck was that for?!" I growled as my hands grabbed her waist and pushed back

"You're a jerk! What do you want with me?! Why are you always so mean to me?! What did I do?!" I couldn't stop my eyes from looking at her lips, I didn't want to move closer but couldn't help myself.

"Stop crying."  I grit my teeth, the grip on her waist tightening. "I can't stand it when you cry so stop." I felt her eyes on me but refused to look at her.

"Why do you care? You hate me so why does it matter if I'm crying?"

My eyes finally met her own sad ones, I inhaled sharply as yet again her lips drew me in.

"Don't do that." I hissed.

"Do what? I don't understand." The break in her voice killed me, this was my fault...she was hurting because of me.

"Don't do that." I placed my thumb on her bottom lip and pulled it away from her teeth.

"Go home, I can't look at you anymore." I instantly regretted my choice of words, her eyes filling with tears again as she turned and left.

I wanted to chase her, I wanted to wipe her tears away but I stood frozen in place....like a coward.