Chapter Thirty Seven ~ Sobyeol

Taehyung could feel the sweat drench his skin, the throbbing of his eyes, the thumping of his heart against his chest. His fingers curl into a fist, nails digging into his palm. Taehyung could hear his rapid breathing, the oxygen flooding in and out of his lungs. Hesitantly, his eyes look at the beautiful woman beside him, the person he was concerned for. Fear gripped him, churning his stomach in tense cramps. If anything happened to his mate Taehyung would never forgive himself, how did they find them? Namjoon took every possible precaution, he made sure no trail was left behind for them to follow after Yoongi left their pack and betrayed them but obviously they hadn't done enough.

"Taehyung you're really starting to worry me, please tell me what's wrong." Y/N refused to approach the steps to her porch, brow furrowed and lips set in a severe straight line as she folded her arms across her chest.

"My love please just trust me on this, tonight was perfect." Taehyung cupped her face, placing gentle kisses along her cheeks. "I'm just sorry we're having to cut this short, please don't think it's you because it's not."

"Then at least tell me something, anything so I don't freak out." Y/N hated begging but she would for him, she would do just about anything and that thought alone scared her.

"Jimin, he needs me but he's fine so don't worry." Taehyung hated lying to her, all he wanted was to reveal his secret but now wasn't the time.

"Promise you'll message me later?" Y/N pleaded.

"Of course sweetheart, you've got my word. Hey....." Taehyung lifted her chin with his index finger and smiled. ".....I can't leave until you smile, I need to see that before going back home."

"You're such a soft idiot." Y/N chuckled, finally giving him the smile that he craved so badly.

"I fucking love that smile." Taehyung breathed out before claiming her lips, the kiss was slow and intense and once they broke apart Taehyung placed his forehead against her own. "I hate leaving you but I'll see you tomorrow okay? I'm sorry again for tonight, I'll explain everything tomorrow. I'll tell you the truth, I want you to know."

Y/N nodded, she knew Taehyung would never lie to her and he would never intentionally place her danger but she couldn't deny that she was nervous....what was he hiding?

"Okay, I trust you." Y/N didn't understand why she felt so strongly for someone she only recently met yet it was something she couldn't control and that terrified her. The two of them had met only a few months ago but already they had shared so much, was this lust or love? Y/N didn't have anything to compare this feeling to as Taehyung was her first, maybe her parents could shed some light on these feelings overwhelming her.

"I can see you're thinking too much my love, you always furrow  your brow and chew on that delicious bottom lip when you're worried but please don't be." Taehyung ran his thumb gently over her lip to release it from the grip of her teeth. "I hate to leave you but Jimin needs me, please stay inside tonight and lock your doors and windows.....I want you safe."

Y/N felt her heart race, just what kind of danger was Jimin involved with for Taehyung to worry so much. "Okay, I promise I'll stay inside." Y/N felt guilty for lying to him but at least she was crossing her fingers behind her back....that wasn't entirely breaking a promise if she never truly meant her words right?

"Sleep well angel." Taehyung placed a kiss on her forehead.  

"Angel?" Y/N chuckled, watching as he made his way back down her drive.

"Yeah, I've just decided you're mine." Taehyung winked as he spun around one last time. "I fucking love you."

"I fucking love you too." Y/N whispered as he flashed her one last smile before disappearing through the trees.

~

Taehyung hated leaving her behind, his wolf was whining  from the loss already and it was taking all his strength to keep going through the trees.

Taehyung we need you here quickly, they haven't approached or attacked us yet but they're moving closer to the house.

Taehyung felt Jimin connect with him through the pack link.

Okay Jimin, I'm on my way.

Taehyung removed his shirt as he made his way down the forest path back to the house, he didn't want to shift but he needed to get back quickly and this was the best way.

"Fuck." He growled out as the transformation began, the pain sent him stumbling back.

Pain sears through his abdomen better than a branding iron, his mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion

Pain sears through his abdomen better than a branding iron, his mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion. Without meaning to his body curls into something fetal, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates. Taehyung hated the transformation, the entire process was beyond painful but what he hated the most was the way his eyes would force themselves away from their sockets. Taehyung loved art, he loved the beauty of the world and so losing his sight was terrifying for him even if it was only briefly.

"Gaaaaaaaah." Taehyung covered his face, fingers clawing at his eyes as they burned from the pressure. Taehyung threw his head back, allowing the final part of transformation to take place.

Jimin I'm almost home

Taehyung communicated before using his incredible strength and speed to make his way home.

What are you doing?! Turn back, we must protect our mate?!

This is what Taehyung was afraid of, the very reason he didn't want to shift. The moment he did his connection to Y/N only got stronger and it was taking all his strength to not turn back.

We can't go back Sobyeol!

Each wolf had their own name, separate from that of their human form, Taehyung's wolf was Sobyeol and was ridiculously stubborn.

We can't leave her!

She's safe, she's with her family.

We're her family now Taehyung! Go back to her and bring her back.

Not now Sobyeol! I promise you she's safer where she is! I love her too, I would never let anything bad happen to her.

Sobyeol growled in response as Taehyung raced home but his thoughts lay elsewhere as did his heart.....he wanted to be with her just as badly as Sobyeol did.