Chapter Thirteen ~ Acceptance

Jin's POV

"How long has Taehyung been sitting outside?" I was standing by the patio door, watching my younger brother with concern.

"I came downstairs about two hours ago to go for a run and he was sitting there, I asked him if he was okay and he mumbled something about needing space so I didn't force him to say anything else." Jungkook stood beside me, mug of coffee nestled between his large hands.

"I don't like this at all, he's been acting strange since you guys started college. It's obviously something to do with the human, Y/N right?"

Jungkook cocked a brow, curiosity peaked. "You know about Y/N? Taehyung told us not to mention anything to you guys, he said that it wasn't worth talking about."

"Jimin spoke with me yesterday." I informed the youngest member of our pack, my eyes moving back to Taehyung who was now looking at something on his phone.

"I should've known Jimin wouldn't keep quiet." Jungkook rolled his eyes before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Jimin is worried about him, he came to talk with me in private and asked for advice. I'm glad he did because I can pick up Tae's sadness and confusion from here, he's in pain and Jimin could sense that too."

Jungkook didn't answer, I fixed my gaze on him and he seemed conflicted.

"What's wrong Jungkook?" 

"I'm worried about him too but Taehyung made me promise not to say anything and...."

"....You never break your promises. I know Jungkook, you don't need to explain yourself."

Jungkook seemed to relax when he knew I wasn't angry or upset with him, there's no reason for me to punish him or report anything to Namjoon as he was only doing what Taehyung asked of him.

"I'm going to speak with him, try and figure this out." I placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder and squeezed it gently, letting him know everything was going to be okay before pushing the door open and approaching Taehyung.

"Morning

"Morning." I smiled, taking a seat beside him.

"I'm fine hyung, please don't start talking to me about her."

I frowned and glanced back at the patio door where Jungkook sent an apologetic smile my way, figures he would use the pack link to warn Tae of my intentions.

"That kid adores you, stop using him to avoid me." My tone was stern yet eyes gentle, almost pleading with my younger brother to open up and let me help.

"I don't want to discuss this hyung, please just leave alone."

I closed my eyes and sighed, this was going to be difficult.

"Taehyung....I know how scared you are. I know you feel as though you're not ready for this, that you want to enjoy your youth and not worry about something as serious as finding your mate but we can't control these things. The longer you deny your feelings, the more painful it'll become for you....trust me." I felt Taehyung shift beside me, his eyes studying me curiously.

"How would you know hyung? You haven't found your mate yet, so how would you know what it feels like?"

"You're not the only one with a secret Taehyung." I met his confused gaze and smiled.

"Hyung....you found your mate? When?" He cocked a brow, curiosity swimming through his dark eyes.

"Talk to the girl, stop trying to push her away and then maybe I'll tell you my secret." 

Taehyung furrowed his brow, lips forming a thin line as he considered my offer.

"I'm not going to talk with her."

"It's not just you that's suffering Taehyung."

His gaze snapped back to me.

"What are you talking about hyung?"

"Y/N isn't a wolf but that doesn't mean she doesn't feel that same connection with you as you do for her, the longer you deny your feelings for her and treat her so coldly...the more it'll hurt her. A wolf and their mate are destined, as sappy as this sounds she exists for you. It's her destiny to stand by your side as your mate and all you're doing right now is denying her that destiny."

Taehyung's eyes widened for a brief moment as he processed the information.

"I don't care, it doesn't matter to me how much it hurts her."

I furrowed my brow and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I think we both know that's a lie Taehyung and please take a moment to really think about this, I don't want anyone to feel the pain I did when my mate rejected me." I squeezed his shoulder and walked away, not missing the look of shock and concern on his face at my parting words and also not missing the way Namjoon was looking at me as he waited by the patio door.

"Jin."

"....Save it Namjoon." I snapped before walking passed him and heading for the stairs.

Taehyung's POV

I watched as my hyung walked back inside the house, what happened with his mate and why didn't we know about this before?

I was conflicted, a part of me wanted to run after him and ask what happened but the other part knew he wouldn't tell me anything until I spoke with Y/N and I wasn't about to do that.

I still felt guilty for treating her so badly yesterday, the way her eyes filled with tears was still haunting me. I can't stop thinking about how perfectly her body fit with mine when she was pushed against that wall, how good she smelled and how perfect her skin was. I could feel her pain and confusion and could also hear how fast her heart was beating, she was driving me to the brink of insanity.

Why can't I move on from her!

I growled, tired of always thinking about her every second of every damn day. I grabbed my phone to distract myself when a notification appeared on the home screen, it was a message from Jimin.

Y/N just posted a photo on her Instagram account, thought as you didn't follow her I should send it to you instead 😉

I don't know what made me more angry, knowing that Jimin was actually following Y/N on social media and looking at photos of her or the fact Y/N thought it was acceptable to wear such tight pants.

What the hell was she playing at.

This would only cause people to pay attention to her.

I didn't like that.

I didn't like that at all.

She's mine.

I widened my eyes, not quite believing my own possessive thoughts.

What the hell is wrong with me.

I frowned as I looked at the picture again.

There was absolutely no way she was going out wearing those damn pants.

I startled myself at my own speed as I got to my feet and headed for the tree line.

"Where you going?!" I heard Jimin call out from the patio.

"To make sure someone changes their outfit before heading out today." I growl without looking back, pulling my shirt over my head and letting the transformation take place.

It's faster to shift and run.

I didn't know where she lived but that didn't matter, all I needed was to follow her scent.