Chapter 24

Night Run

It was an hour before midnight. It was about to rain. Time was ticking for Germany. Four men ran and ran. They needed to find Germany before Lutz could harm him.

They've tried to look for him for miles and miles. They had no resources to find him whatsoever.

Italy was getting tired. He had too many things going on to his mind. He thought about how Lutz kissed him. He didn't like that but he didn't know why he let him do that. He fact that it was peculiar to see two people that look alike, and yet seemed to not be related and have two different personality. Was he real? He thought. Italy tried to lead the others. He wasn't going to let Germany down.

As Italy passes by a large tree, his foot was caught under the root and he fell. Of course he would have fallen, he didn't had any light source.

"Ooaaahh" he screeched as he fell. He lands on a pile of twigs and leaves.

Romano runs up to him. He aides him to get up.

"Fratello! Get up!" He shouted.

Italy was still. He felt hopeless. Without Germany, he admits that he's whining baby. He hears his brother shouting. The more he yells the more Italy's sadness become anger.

He no longer feels any remorse.

He gets up while thinking about Germany. He knew he had to save him. He had to do it for love. He had to do it friendship.

Japan observes Italy. He sees Italy wasn't his himself. He wasn't the fragile, cheerful, passionate, loving man anymore. Greece was right he thought. Only his will power and love can save him. He wondered if Italy was that one who has to fight with Lutz.

For a split second, Japan thinks again. He knew that even though Italy has the spirit to do so, but who knows Lutz's powers. No one knows if Lutz is even an actual person. He could be an illusion that Germany created, or another werewolf. Japan shakes his head to make himself forget about it. If only Greece was here. He would have known the answer.

While Romano helps his brother, he tells him something that no one would expect for him to say.

"Feliciano, you're torturing yourself. You can't blame yourself for everything that happened." He said. He grabs hold of Italy's shoulders. Italy tries to look away. He doesn't want to face his brother. He knows that he is right but he is worries about him too much.

Finally, with his big brown childish eyes, he looks at Romano's face. His mind went blank. He starts to panic. His breathing was a bit heavier.

"I-it's not only t-that. I-it's...” His words starts to fade.

Italy gets lost into his thoughts. He sees a flash of light twinkling into his eyes. After that, the atmosphere became white.

_____________________________

Italy wakes up and sees the nothingness. He sees Germany as well. He does not know if this is reality or his fantasy. He looks around. No one’s was around him. There was a great distance between Germany and Italy. The whole area around him was white. Germany was wearing dress pants and a white long sleeved collared shirt; he smiles and waves his massive hand at Italy. Italy all of the sudden felt quite happy. He stands on his toes and makes add enthusiasm to his wave.