Prelude

Her eyes watched him through the bars. She kept her back against the wall and her knees up against her chest. She could hear him talking to someone but couldn't see who it was. She knew what was coming. By the tone in his voice. He was upset with how the training went. She hadn't been perfect. She still couldn't completely control his quirk that she inherited. Her hands shook as she watched him walk towards her cage. 

    "You disappointed me pet." His deep tone came. "You also embarrassed me in front of my guest."

     "I'm sorry Father." She whimpered. She held her knees tight to her chest. She didn't want to be punished again. She was still healing from yesterday. 

   "Come here, pet. Time for your punishment. You will learn." He said darkly.  She whimpered but climbed to her feet. It would be worse if she fought him or begged for it not to happen. She walked to the door of the cage shaking like a leaf.  He let her out and towards the red door. She hated that room. She watched his hand slowly open that door and let her in.

Valkyr woke up with a scream. Her entire body was covered in a cold sweat. She sat up and put her face in her hands. Her current guard burst into the room looking around for danger. When he was sure there was nothing his eyes slowly drifted to the shaking girl. "Another bad dream?" He asked. He watched her nod and sat on the edge of the bed. With any normal child he might reach out and try to comfort her, but she hated being touched. She said it was painful. Doctors said there was nothing wrong with her body, but it was all in her head. Her mind processed touch as pain because that was all she ever knew. "You are safe now Valkyr. We won't let anyone harm you again." He told her. 

He remembered the night they found her. This small thin and injured girl inside a dirty cage. She had been so thin and dirty. He didn't know how she was alive. It had been almost a year now and she still had horrible nightmares.  He watched her lift her head and look at him. He hated seeing the tears on her face.  Both eyes a brilliant amethyst color, but the left one had a slit for a pupil. It matched the iridescent black scales that were on her left cheek. Silky black hair framed her face as she looked at him with such pain in her eyes.  She had a dragon quirk, but some scales never left her. Even now they didn't know the extent of her full power or if it was her only quirk. She was to afraid to show them. How he wished he could help her.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, Shota." Valkyr said softly. 

"It is quite alright. Try to get some sleep." Shota Aizawa said. "Hizashi is coming over tomorrow and said he wanted to take you out somewhere." Valkyr nodded and laid back down. She curled up tightly and Shota pulled the blanket over her. He got up and walked out of the room. He leaned against the wall outside the door and let out a sigh. The entrance exams were just over ten months away. Nezu wanted her to go into the next year. She would get in under recommendation by all of the heros who took turns guarding her. This would be an interesting year. A lot of people fought to have her locked away and watched. Hizashi and him had fought alongside All Might to have her live a normal life. They got people to agree but one stipulation was she had to attend UA when they felt she was ready. She was tutored on basic school knowledge all the time and trained with them to help control her quirk. They wanted her to be ready to enter the school. Hizashi took her out a lot to get her used to being around groups of people. Usually the park or just walking around. Shota hoped they would have her ready in 10 months. She was more than powerful enough, but she was still tormented by what her father put her through. 

Only time would tell.

___________________________

A/N: and thats the end of the Prelude. Hope you guys like it and are interested.

Next time Valkyr will meet Midoriya and Bakugou.