Chapter 1

My life is a mess. My mom passed away exactly a year ago, my dad is on a work trip again and I miss my ex boyfriend. 'It couldn't get any worse', I thought. Suddenly my phone rang. I checked to see who was calling. As I saw my ex Dylan was the caller I twisted my eyes, took a deep breath and was about to answer the call. Instead I pressed decline. I just wasn't ready to speak with him. A week ago he broke up with me and my heart shattered into a million pieces. I put my phone beside me and stared at the ceiling with a mind full of questions. Why doesn't Dylan love me anymore? Did he even ever love me? Can my dad not stop traveling so much? Why did my mom leave me? Tears filled my eyes and I tried to hold them back, but I couldn't. They streamed down my face.
Five minutes later I fixed my messed up makeup and took some other clothes out of my closet, high waisted shorts and a casual t-shirt, because I had to get some shopping done. I grabbed my phone and keys, locked the house door and jumped into my car.
As I walked out of the supermarket, I saw five boys, some meters away, walking to the entrance. 'Don't embarrass yourself, just not now', I said to myself. But guess what?! Right in that moment, my plastic grocery bags ripped and everything fell to the ground. Ugh, I hate my life... I bended down to pick up my stuff. Suddenly there was a shadow blocking the sun. "Can I help you?", a deep voice said. "Yes please.", I didn't look at him. I was still on my knees collecting everything. Further away another voice said: "I will get some new bags." As the boy who asked me, if he can help, kneeled on his knees to help me, I looked at him. As I saw his eyes, I couldn't help myself from staring at them. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. They were so unusually blue.