Chapter 45

I woke up at about 1am and noticed that I forgot to text Nash back. I tapped my hands around the floor, trying to find my phone. I found it and pressed the on-button. After checking my notifications I noticed that Cameron called me three times about four minutes ago. I tiptoed out to the balcony, because Lydia was sleeping. I called Cam back and he picked up. "Cam?", music was playing in the background. "Heeey", Cam prattled into his phone. "Where are you?", I asked. He babbled something and I only understood 'Matt has a party' "Cam are you drunk?", I asked a bit worried. "Yas", he shouted. "Are you at Matt's?", I listened closely. "Yup", he laughed in a weird way. "Hold on, I'm picking you up", I said and hung up. I walked back inside and changed my clothes. I sneaked downstairs without waking anybody and rushed to my car.

There really was a party at Matt's house, as I arrived. I parked the car at the edge of the street and quickly hopped out of it. A guy sat at the roadside and as I came closer, I noticed Cam. I shouted his name, while running to him. He stared at the ground with a drink in his hand. As I was in front of him I said: "Cameron?" He slowly looked up. His cheeks were wet and swollen from crying.