Chapter 53

My mind was twisting and I tried to concentrate on the road. My hands held the steering wheel so tightly. Why did I let Cameron kiss me? He is my friend! Isn't he? A sweat pearl ran down my forehead. My foot pressed the gas pedal a bit more. I wanted to get home as fast as possible. I want to get away from everything. From my questions. From Nash. From just everything.

In my room, I locked my door and threw myself on the bed. I laid on my stomached and screamed into a pillow. Most people would think I overreact, but it isn't that easy! Your ex boyfriend came into your house and tried to do something you don't want. You just broke up with the boy, who you never thought would cheat on you and his best friend just kissed you. Imagine that! I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

I woke up about four hours later. I stretched my arms and legs and yawned loudly. I slowly got up and went downstairs. My dad sat at the dining table with his laptop. "Hi baby", he looked up and smiled. My dad still gives me a lot of different nicknames, as if I was a five year old. But I don't really care. I rubbed my eyes, even though I had makeup on. His voice turned serious: "Nash was here." My eyes widened. "He wanted to see you, but I sent him away." "Thank you", I mumbled. I ignored the questions in my mind, like: 'What would he have said?' and 'What did he tell my dad?' 'I forgot to give you the food I got you at Taco Bell", I said sleepy. "It's okay", he said.

Back in my room I took my laptop out. This evening I just wanted to relax. I rushed downstairs and poured popcorn in a bowl. I went back up and changed my clothes. As I put on comfortable clothes, I took all the pillows and spread them around me. I don't really know why. I also laid a soft blanket over me. I sat there and was about to start my all time favorite movie, as I thought about the last time I had one of those 'Netflix nights'. It was on the day I met the boys. What if I never met them? Would my life be easier and better? I think so. {👈 don't hate me for that😁}