Chapter 52

After we finished our meal, I also got some food for my dad, so he didn't have to starve. We slowly left Taco Bell. Cam and I got back in the car and drove home. As we reached his house, he looked into my eyes: "Are you going to be okay?" I tried to smile: "Yup." He lifted his eyebrows. "Sure?" I nodded. He unbuckled his seatbelt. Before he left, he said: "Nash doesn't deserve you!" He kissed my forehead and was about to leave. Suddenly he turned around and grabbed my hand gently. He licked his lips, while staring at mine. He was about to kiss me. I panicked a bit, because I didn't want him to kiss me. But those lips, those lips just looked so soft and perfect. Our lips were so close. Without thinking, I put my hands around his neck. Our lips met and it felt forbidden, but so good. I rushed back and stared at him. "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that", he stuttered and covered his face with his hand. I didn't know how to feel about it. Cam opened the car door. I pulled his arm and said: "It's okay, but I need you as a friend right now." He nodded and left. After he was back in his house again, I leaned back and closed my eyes. My heart was racing and my hands were sweaty. Nash hurt me, but was it the right decision, to leave Cameron in the friend zone?