Chapter 62

"Because your pretty on the inside and outside. I can trust you and you're loyal", he answered and I nodded. He took my hand and this time I didn't pull it away. "I'm really sorry, Kylie. Honestly I didn't even know what was happening, when you saw Lindsay and me that night", he said. Disgusted I remembered that terrible night. "You know, I like you, but I'm worried it'll happen again" I said and squeezed his hand. "It won't", he promised. I gathered all my courage: "Okay, Nash. I'm ready to give you a second chance now." He smiled brightly and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Thank you for forgiving me, for my mistakes", he whispered. I just kept quiet and listened to the gulls.

After our little beach walk, we went back to our bonfire and sat down. We had another glass of wine. The sun was down now and we decided to extinguish the fire, so we could watch the stars. We laid down on the towels, after we poured a ton of water over the flames. Nash put his arm around me and cuddled closer. We watched the stars. It seemed like a perfect night, until Cam called. I took my phone and answered the call: "Hi Cam." - "Hey Kylie. I have a little problem here", he said. "What's wrong?", I asked worried. - "I saw Dylan and I might of knocked him out." "This is a joke, right?", I widened my eyes concerned.