Chapter 51

I was on my way to Taco Bell, as I drove towards Nash, Cam and Carter's house. Someone just walked out of the door. I squinted my eyes to see who it was. Luckily it wasn't Nash, it was Cam. I slowed down the car and scrolled down the window. "Hi Cam", I shouted. He turned his head and smiled. "Hey", he quickly came to my car. "Where are you going?", he asked curiously. "Taco Bell", I rubbed my belly. "Sounds good", he scratched his occiput and it seemed like he was nervous about something. I decided to invite him: "Want to come?" His eyes widened: "Yeah sure", he pointed to the passenger seat. "Should I sit there?" I nodded and cleared the seat. He stepped in and strapped his seatbelt. I started the engine and drove off.

We entered and ordered our meals. After we sat down, Cam stroke his hand trough his hair several times. "Are you nervous about something?", I wondered. Instead of answering he asked: "Did you break up with Nash?" "I think so", I looked out of the window. "I'm sorry", he mumbled. "You don't have to be", I faked a smile and continued slurping my soda. "You didn't answer my question", I put down my soda. "Nothing is bothering me", he said and looked directly in my eyes. "Okay", I acted convinced. But it still felt like something was wrong.