Chapter 44

I stared at my nails. I know that he lost his wife, but so did I. She was my mom and I miss her a lot. I'm trying to keep myself up and so should he. I made friends throughout this hard time. It's just selfish of him. "I know, I'm the only person you have left, but that's no reason that Nash and I can't meet anymore. I love him and you. You both have space in my life", I explained. "I'm just afraid of loosing you", he stood up and went upstairs. That's not fair. I'm allowed to be with who I want. I searched my phone and dialed Lydia's number. "Hey K", she answered the call. She calls me 'K' sometimes. I don't really know why. "Hi Lyd", and that's her nickname. "Is something wrong?", she asked, because she probably noticed my annoyed voice. "My dad's home", I sighed. "But that's good, isn't it", she tried to cheer me up. "No", I said. "Can I stay at your place tonight?", I asked. "Yeah, sure. Will you tell me what happened?", Lydia sounded worried. "Of course", I said. After she hung up I packed my bag for the night. Suddenly my dad walked in the room without knocking. As he noticed me packing he asked confused: "Where are you going?" "Lydia", I mumbled and stored the last piece of clothing in my bag. I rushed by him and left the house. I drove with my car to Lydia's house. She lives with her parents and older brother in a huge house.

I rang the bell as I arrived at Lyd's house. She opened the door and hugged me right away. I pressed my lips together. I was blessed to have her as my friend. "My parents are at a dinner with some family members and my brother is probably here", she said and squeezed my hand. We went into her room. A mattress was already next to her bed. She sat down and showed me to sit next to her. I sat down and started to tell her everything: "... and he wants me for himself, but I love Nash too. It doesn't work. Why can't my mom be here, hold my hand and tell me that everything is going to be okay." Lydia scooted closer to me and took my hand. "Everything is going to be okay", she whispered. A tear rolled down me cheek. "Thanks", I said and tried to smile.

"I'm tired", I yawned. Lyd nodded. We prepared ourself for the night - changed our clothes, brushed our teeth... After she switched of the lights, my phone beeped. I noticed a text from Nash as I checked the display. 'Are you okay?', he messaged me. How should I answer it? I feel much better, but I'm still not okay. I laid my phone beside me and thought about the answer.