Chapter 49

I picked up without thinking, but I let him begin the conversation. "Kylie?", he asked unsure, "are you here?" I took a deep breath: "Yes." Nash began to talk like a waterfall: "Okay, I don't really remember what happened yesterday, but I know it wasn't anything good. I was at the party and you were there too. Matt got the..." I cut him off: "and you cheated on me!" Silence. "Kylie, I can explain..." I cut him off again: "No! You can't explain it. You've done something terrible to me and I'll never forgive you." I hung up. Lydia looked at me and said: "You've done the right thing." I nodded.

Since I couldn't stop thinking about him, I needed a way to distract myself. Boys? 'No Kylie, not boys! They've already hurt you enough', I said to myself. "You need distraction", Lyd said concerned. "Yeah, I know. I thought about it too", I stroke trough my hair. "I'll think of something", I turned my phone on again. "One thing! You shouldn't sit around. Go somewhere with someone and show Nash you can have fun without him", she said. I nodded and thought about what she just said.

"I'm going to call you", I hugged Lydia and took my bag. She smiled and opened the front door for me. I went to my car, got in and drove home. I decided to see my dad and apologize for my behavior. As I reached my house, I unlocked the door. "Dad? Are you here?", I shouted trough the house. "Honey? Is that you", I followed the voice. He stood in the kitchen. "Listen, I'm sorry! You were right", I began. He came to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm glad that you realized it", he said and smiled brightly.